JD 5105 instrument cluster not working

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #1  

Rodneybrown

Tractor
John Deere 5105
JD 5105 temp gauge reading hot, never moves.
Tractor runs normal, not hot. Fuel gauge cycles but then moves to completely empty.
Tach and hour meter functions normal.

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #2  
JD 5105 temp gauge reading hot, never moves.
Tractor runs normal, not hot. Fuel gauge cycles but then moves to completely empty.
Tach and hour meter functions normal.

Could have a ICC going out. Have you priced one??

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working
ICC. Instrument cluster? Yes $534.00
No power detected to the elec socket behind the temp gauge. But when I jumped power to it gauge still failed to move. May have 2 problems.

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #4  
ICC. Instrument cluster? Yes $534.00
No power detected to the elec socket behind the temp gauge. But when I jumped power to it gauge still failed to move. May have 2 problems.

What still works on it? Did you check power to other things that are not working? Did you check fuses?

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #5  
Another thing check your ground connections. Take them off and clean and put back. Cab to frame, engine to frame, battery cable etc..

Everthing works, engine runs good. Lights all work. Even start up horn and instrument cluster lights work. Only thing that doent work is temp anf fuel gauges. Tach and hour meter works.

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #7  
Another thing check your ground connections. Take them off and clean and put back. Cab to frame, engine to frame, battery cable etc..

Agreed. Grounds would be my next checks.

/ JD 5105 instrument cluster not working #8  
Also be sure to check the ground wire plugging into back of instrument cluster. (black wires)I think there are 2. They need to have continuity to ground. I have seen a couple of these not grounding and having the symptoms you have. There is a crimp in the harness that can cause problems. Splice into the black wires and attach them to a known good clean ground.

Will try, thanks will keep all posted