John Deere 830 Loaders?

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #1  

Ajburum

Tractor
John Deere 830
I have a 1974 JD 830 and was wondering how to find out which loaders will fit it. Thanks in advance!

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #2  
:welcome: to TBN

Have seen the JD 521 and JD 541 listed for the 830 compact.

Saw one for sale, with a model 175 FEL mounted on the 830, probably a better fit than the other models listed.

But do not know that for sure.

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #3  
I'll add these JD models 37,47, 48,143,145 to the models posted above. Photo shows correct method for attaching hyd's to your tractor's "open-center" hyd system which requires an open center loader control valve or OC plug.

Attachments

• WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    WP1704_________UN01JAN94.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 281
   / John Deere 830 Loaders? #4  
Hey Jim. I have a 3 cyl 830 I am working on the hydraulics. You saw my other post about the plastic stuff I found in the transmission case. When I bought the tractor, the owner had a loader on it. He took off the loader when I bought it. He left a hose on the pressure fittings where his hoses were connected. The hose just went from one selector fitting to the next. The hose burst on my when I was working on the hydraulics and I am wondering whether I can remove the hose. I don't wee a purpose for it. I think he left it because he didn't have any plugs for the fittings, but I don't know.
Do you know if I can just remove the hose and put caps on the fittings? Looks to me like the pressure would go through and into the rockshaft housing.

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #5  
Please post a photo of hose attached to tractor hyd's & I'll give you my opinion.

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #6  
valve.JPG1

I don't have a hose on it now, but the hose was running from the back of the valve to the bottom of the same valve. That is where you see the two shiny caps now. This is a picture from the rear of the tractor. Right side.

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #7  
I think hose should be in place or unpainted block removed from tractor. One must be careful capping(blocking) oil flow on open center hyd's as blocking oil pathway could harm hyd pump.

/ John Deere 830 Loaders? #8  
Thanks. I am going to put a hose on it before I start the tractor. I will see how it goes.
Again, thanks for your input.