6310 reverser issue

/ 6310 reverser issue #1  

T boy

Tractor
6310 John Deere, 1999
I own a 1999 6310 j d with power quad trans and reverser. Tractor has 6900 hours. I have owned it since 2001 and put all hours on it since. Last year reverser began intermittently clicking out after tractor had warmed up and only after coming out of park. It would resolve itself after clicking reverser and shifting range positions a few times. Is it a filter problem or maybe something else?

/ 6310 reverser issue #2  
I doubt that it is a filter problem, but it is always a good practice to replace filter as first step in diagnosis to rule out that possibility. You really should have the codes checked to point you in the right direction. When it jumps out gear, does it happen in both forward and reverse? If you hold reverse lever in position by hand, will it continue to move? If it continues to move if holding it in, then most likely the detent in the lever has failed. The detent is not serviceable, so the whole lever needs to be replaced. If it will not continue to move when lever is held in, then you may have a bad pressure sensor. There is an enable sensor and a system pressure sensor. Both can cause the issue. As I mentioned before, checking codes is important to help diagnose, there are many other things that can cause the problem you are seeing, but the things I mentioned are what I have seen most often.