john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #1  

nwga

Tractor
JD2955
The 2955 came with a sway block set up. Is there an aftermarket or other john deere tractor exact fit sway chain/stabilizer assembly? The axel housing has groves for bolting bracket like the later tractors that have a chain assembly. Ive always liked that adjustable stabilizer on tractors instead of those blocks. Any suggestions or am I overlooking an engineering reason why you wouldn't want the chain stabilizers?

The first pic is a different JD tractor set up with bracket bolted to axle and sway chain attached to lift arm. The second pic shows the 2955 has bolt groves for similar block attachment point and the third pic shows the 2955 also has sway chain attachment point on lift arm. It also shows the original sway block. There must be a part number for the attachment plates and chains for a different model category two that would work on the 2955? Its just not an option listed on JD parts diagrams for the 2955 even though it has the attachment points.

Last edited:
   / john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #2  
:welcome: to TBN
A pic or two of what you have would help..

What attachments are you using or plan to use?

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup
View attachment 543213View attachment 543215View attachment 543215

added pics and edited first post.

plow, bush hog ,hay spear, disc mower hay equipment rear mounted lift/bucket In particular it would be good to have more sway control with the bucket/lift arm when trying to load unload things ( pallets,hay, loading equipment etc.)

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #4  
Could not open the pics.. maybe they need a space between the three. ??

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #5  
The grooves are for the fender bolts. My 6415 has the axle bracket bolted to the bottom of the axle housing

Attachments

• 7520swaybar.gif
    7520swaybar.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 749
   / john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #6  
If I chose to not utilize factory sway blocks on JD 20-55 series utility tractors I'd opt for the adjustable sway tubing links with that have multiple holes in lieu of chains or screw adjusted sway links.

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup
axle.jpg

swayblock.jpg

chainsetup.JPG

/ john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #9  
If I chose to not utilize factory sway blocks on JD 20-55 series utility tractors I'd opt for the adjustable sway tubing links with that have multiple holes in lieu of chains or screw adjusted sway links.

I think these were on the 5X25 series tractors

Attachments

• 5225sway.gif
    5225sway.gif
    10 KB · Views: 244
   / john deere 2955 3pt sway chai/stablizer setup #10  
The notches in the axle are for the two post ROPS. The bolts fit in the grooves and a plate bolts under the axle to pull and hold everything together.