John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler?

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler? #1  

Farmer_Jason

anybody have any experience with either or both of these balers. I have been operating Vermeer balers for the last 10 years and would like to step up in the world. I would like to get a wide pickup since vermeer does not offer in on there large round baler.

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler? #2  
I've got the 567 and love it. I've got the megawide pickup and it's great for getting all the hay. The monitor on these balers is outstanding. Go from twine to wrap with the touch of a button. Change bale size, variable core, # of wraps, # of twine, everything you can think of can be done with the monitor. There are also numerous alarms, checks, and diagnostics built right in. No more searching down bad sensors and where the problems are. Wet hay, dry hay, it will do it all and not plug, although I sure as heck wish we could get some more DRY hay lately.

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler? #3  
Farmer_Jason,
Evidently you have been running a pre-1986 Vermeer baler because the haysaver wheels have available on every baler.
605xlb5.jpg

The reason that Vermeer does not offer the wide pickup is the 5' wide baler is most haylage is baled with a 4' wide baler. A wide-pickup only has and advantage in haylage. The Vermeer Haysaver wheels add 18" of pickup to each sid of the pickup, that's a total of 3' over the size of the baler.
With the Vermeer ACCU-BALE monitor you can monitor everything from the seat of the tractor.
accubale2.jpg

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler?
I have a 2002 605XL with over 2000 bales through it at the beginning of this season. Last year I took out the bearings on the rollers on the top at the baler within a month of each other. Not a hard job to fix myself but have to wonder what the heck is going on.

Once in awhile I get a wad of hay jamed in the corner of my pick up and have one heck of a job trying to unplug it by hand. This seem to happen when I have large double raked windrows. My solution for this had been to take narrower swaths with the haybine so the double windrow is not so heavy on first cutting. Maybe you are right and i need to take a 2nd look at the position of my haysaver wheels

This is my 3rd Vermeer but I dont think I ever fixed a bearing on my old baler until I had over 7000 bales.

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler? #5  
The first thing you need to do is advance the cam timing on your pickup. It is done on the left side of the pickup by loosening the 3 bolts and advancing the bolts clockwise 1/4 to 1/2". That will cause the teeth to be more aggressive and feed the hay into the bale more uniform. Next adjust the wind guard so that it travel is not above the top of the teeth when they are straight up.

/ John Deere 567 or New Holland BR780 Round Baler?
will do