5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues....

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues.... #1  

MrWhipple

Tractor
John Deere 5205
Ok so being frugal (sometimes I wonder if that is a synonym for stupid) I've started on replacing my clutch. Have gotten all the interferences taken care of except 2 well maybe 3.......
Wiring harness pulled forward, too much crap up front to pull it backwards....
Fuel lines pulled back and taped to fender handle....
Hydraulic lines for loader pulled, don't have the magic stands for removing the loader so it's still on. Helpful hint for folks who are also missing them wood isn't strong enough.....

Front drive shaft cotter pin is out but it doesn't want to slide on the splines for removal....hoping that when I roll the back end back it will take care of itself...if not suggestions would be welcome????

Small left hand side hydraulic hard line split.

Right hand side, can't get the hydraulic pressure line to open, assume that the larger hex is the one that is supposed to spin, can't seem to get enough leverage.......advice please????
Right hand side hydraulic suction line free at front but doesn't want to disengage at the back.....advice please???

Thanks,
Jim

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues.... #2  
Some pics would be very helpful for others to offer some assistance. Sounds like you are painting yourself in a corner, so to speak.
Hope not!

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues.... #3  
Send some pics please and I can try to help.

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues.... #4  
Probably too late, but I would see if I could borrow loader stands, maybe from a dealer and take the loader off first.

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues.... #5  
im not sure on a 5 series but I split a 4320 hydro and left the loader on and had real trouble putting back together the 2nd time I took the loader off and it was a piece of cake even if you have to get engine lifts I would remove to loader

/ 5205 Clutch replacement begins.....but is having issues....
im not sure on a 5 series but I split a 4320 hydro and left the loader on and had real trouble putting back together the 2nd time I took the loader off and it was a piece of cake even if you have to get engine lifts I would remove to loader

Did some crazy crap with the engine hoist to get the loader off. It's sitting on some 2x6s that will have to go away for the engine hoist when it goes back on.

Started to split pushing engine end away, got it about 4"open when it fell off the jack that was on the gravity rollers.
After much cursing and some creativity with floor jacks, bottle jacks, jack stand and engine hoists i got it back up. Shifted form the gravity rollers to a car dolly (car uses 4 o them) with the jack secured to to a hunk of plywood. Was able to get the sucker apart, clutch removed, bent PTO input shaft removed and then put it back together without any clutch stuff installed so it would be off the hydraulics since I'm now on the parts wait.....

Priced the loader jacks today, about $200 each figure i'll play with either some square stock or unistrut to make my own. Anybody know how long they are???