JD SCV - coupler release?

/ JD SCV - coupler release? #1  

RancherGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710; JD 5425, 6105R, 7130-P; IH 1086
As I learn more about the SCVs, I come across tips that say I should use the SCV release lever when removing my hydraulic hoses from SCVs.

I bought an old International 1086 20 years ago. I had it for perhaps 4 or 5 years before I realized that it had a levers on the side of each SCV, which made hose removal much easier. Up to that point, I simply jerked the hoses out. Talk about ignorant!

I have 2 JD tractors with "300 series" e-SCV (Bucher is manufacturer). I have looked, but don't see release levers. Am I missing something?

/ JD SCV - coupler release? #2  
I think release levers you're referring to are on older JD tractor from the 30-55 series.

/ JD SCV - coupler release? #3  
The front loader mount SCVs on my JD6200 have those levers. It is the only time I have ever seen them and I don't know what they do. Makes no difference and I have never seen a drop of oil come out the little hole.

/ JD SCV - coupler release? #4  
Push in then pull back out quickly, on the new style couplers, with out the release levers.

/ JD SCV - coupler release? #5  
My 2030 has what John Deere calls breakaway couplers. They have the lever on the bottom that will push in the poppet/ball of the tip. You can just pull to remove the coupler, hence "breakaway" coupler.

In the picture one side (left) is forward. This holds the tip, the right side shows the female coupler slid back, tip is then released. The bore the female coupler is in is larger at the rear letting the perimeter balls release the tip. Forward the bore is smaller, forcing the balls to retain the tip.

Attachments

• DSCN7800.JPG
    DSCN7800.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 896
   / JD SCV - coupler release?
Push in then pull back out quickly, on the new style couplers, with out the release levers.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have JD couplers on 2006, 2008, 2012 tractors and don't see any levers. I'd guess that the push-in action is to first release any pressure.