Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L2350, L3800, L3710; JD 5425, 6105R, 7130-P; IH 1086

Default Re: Newer JD - Cab air (A/C, Heat) fan does not blow

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    If jd110 says it's under the seat that's where I'd look. When I said under the floor, I was going by what the parts catalog shows and would include under the seat as also under the floor.

As complicated as this tractor is, I would buy the tech manuals.
    OK, looked up Tech manual cost to get some perspective. For 6105R, they have Diagnostic CD for $470 and Repair CD for $100. Not what the wife would want to hear when cashflow was negative last year and not looking any better this year. Not sure if this is representative, but to be honest, for the short time I have had it *this* tractor has been a big disappointment.

I'll try working the seat as my next effort.

Tractor

Just curious ... 'Diagnostic' vs 'Repair'. Are these complimentary or overlapping? Are these the level of detail available to a dealer? In my situation is one more advantageous than the other?

Tractor

OK, late yesterday I bought both manuals; Diagnostic and Repair. I'll see if I can make some headway, then report back.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by RancherGuy View Post
    Just curious ... 'Diagnostic' vs 'Repair'. Are these complimentary or overlapping? Are these the level of detail available to a dealer? In my situation is one more advantageous than the other?

I was hoping jd110 would comment.

Diagnostic (used to be operations and tests) helps you figure out what's wrong, usually has detailed lists of things to check.
    Plus wiring diagrams
    Repair tells procedures for taking things apart and putting back together, plus torque values, special tools needed.

I would say compliment each other. If only one, get Diagnostics.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    ... I would say compliment each other. If only one, get Diagnostics.
    You are correct. I have been wandering around in the manuals for hours trying to digest how they are laid out and what I need to know for my project. The Repair manual is heavily weighted in mechanics, especially iron. I found it interesting that there is no mention of the recirculation fan (blower), but if you need to get to the evaporator there are 4 pages and the fan can be seen. I also found it very interesting that the supplier of the fancy seat(s) provided 40 pages(!) of extremely detailed information to be included in the Repair manual.

Here is what could have saved me a lot of time, as found in the Diagnostics:
    Newer JD - Cab air (A/C, Heat) fan does not blow-parts-blower-fan-location-jpg

Now I need to put the steering pedestal back together and remove the seat. The electrical diagram is informative for concepts, but the weakness of those is that physical locations are always absent.

Tractor

Getting frustrated here. I *thought* I paid good money for information from JD. I guess it wasn't enough. Here is one step in their instruction to get to the evaporator/blower: "Take out floor mats (A) and remove trim panels (B)." The mats are not attached, so no problem. Trim panels are composed of a side and a rear panel. They provided picture and instructions for the side, which I did without their help. But the rear panel -- whoa. I am stumped and there is no information provided other than the word "remove".

Two lower screws are out and the panel can pull out at the bottom, but the top seems like it could be designed like a barb - push in to catch, but can't pull out. Even expecting this, it is very tight and I can't get one edge started to see if my concept is correct:
    Newer JD - Cab air (A/C, Heat) fan does not blow-parts-rear-panel-behind-seat

Anyone removed this? Care to share a tip?

Tractor

Started a new thread just for the panel. Hopefully can get some info.

Tractor
    Kubota M 6800; Kubota B 2710; Gator; Bushhog ZTR; Volvo Mini Excavator EC45, Ferris ZTR and John Deere 5525 tractor

I had issue with my JD recently and did inspection of my fuse one by one and missed the main fuse was blown. First try new fuse for the fan motor. It cost less and is easy to do. Was interesting to find my tractor had two fuse panels, no where near each other, one in top of fender area and other in steering column. Think there is also another behind the pto lever but did not pull it. Just do a search for the ac or such fuse.
    Jeremiah 2:11a "Has a nation changed its gods, Which are not gods?

Veteran Member

Sorry I didn't think of this originally, but have you checked for any error codes? I assume you have a Command Center? With the R series, it should set a code for the fan if not working. It may help pinpoint the problem. Since you now have the manual, look up info on how to check codes if you aren't sure how.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12