JD 850 value?

/ JD 850 value? #1  

kbota

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 850-sold to buy Kbota Grand L3010
I own 1 tractor to many and the John Deere 850 has to go. My question is what is it's value before I put it on the market. It's 2 wd, has 930 hours, 90% rubber, barn kept so paint is still really good. All maintenance has been done and the tractor is in excellent shape. Just installed new brakes. It has the JD canopy as well.

What do you tractor experts feel is a fair market value for this machine?

Thanks

Kb

/ JD 850 value? #2  
kbota said:
I own 1 tractor to many and the John Deere 850 has to go. My question is what is it's value before I put it on the market. It's 2 wd, has 930 hours, 90% rubber, barn kept so paint is still really good. All maintenance has been done and the tractor is in excellent shape. Just installed new brakes. It has the JD canopy as well.

What do you tractor experts feel is a fair market value for this machine?

Thanks

Kb

The trade-in value is around $2000 and the average retail is around $4000 (dealer's price for a "clean" tractor--everything works OK including the gauges, average hours, good sheet metal, no major leaks). Fair market value, IMHO, is around $3500.

/ JD 850 value? #3  
New brakes. Tires like new. Canopy. Paint, metal all above average. How about loader SCV's? Rear work light?

Exhaust pipe and muffler good? Have noticed that the 50 series seems to have exhaust system issues..

Front weight bracket and weights? Got drawbar and top link? Power steering?

If you can answer yes to most all of these questions --- you'll likely get a premium on the top going price, IMO.

AKfish

/ JD 850 value?
Finally sold it. Took a couple of months, and a lot of haggling with different buyers. Sold it for $6050 with an old 5' box blade. I guess that works out to about $5700 for the tractor. Everything worked, with strong 3 pth. exc rubber.

Things that made it tough to sell were in order;
1. not four wheel drive (if it were, I'd probably have kept it)
2. no FEL (see #1)
3. no power steering

Anyway, the new owner is happy, and so is the ex owner. Now I can try to find that roll over box blade

k

/ JD 850 value? #5  
Congrats, kbota! Ya done good! You got top dollar and from the sounds of things the new owner got a top flight tractor, too.

Let us know when/how you're gonna spend that extra cash....

AKfish

/ JD 850 value?
AKfish said:
Congrats, kbota! Ya done good! You got top dollar and from the sounds of things the new owner got a top flight tractor, too.

Let us know when/how you're gonna spend that extra cash....

AKfish

Thanks AK. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a rollover box blade which I like, or to get a good quality regular box blade and add top and tilt.
rollover - $1226
vs
reg box - $600
tnt - $1000

I really like the rollover, but the tnt would be nice for other implements.

dunno, but I wish I could rent a rollover for a few days.

k

/ JD 850 value? #7  
I purchased one identical to what you described with canopy and 5 foot Deere rotary cutter for $6,000.00 last year. I work at a dealer and I do not go by book values. I go by what I think the market will bear. I think it will hold it's value. I will only put 5 hours on it this year with the drought keeping things dry.

/ JD 850 value? #8  
I know this is an old thread but around here those 850's are still running about 6k

I did find a bargain in the second one I just bought I gave 4500.00 for a 86 model 4WD with a front end loader and PS......I think I got a bargain.