Price Check Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader

/ Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
...$19,395. Add $7,200 for 448 hoe dealer is suggesting.
I need more digging ability than what my BH 650 and L2800 are giving me. I have to expose about 75' of my foundation, run new drainage, and finish quite a bit of earthmoving/shaping to handle a wet property. I also would like to start my own business doing the same for homeowners and contractors. While I have no other complaints about my L2800, this work is taking too long at home, and I dont want to be undergunned on a jobsite (all things considered). Is the 4710 enough machine for this? How about the 448? This is getting close to the cost of a new L39!

/ Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader #2  
It seems to be a good deal. I would like to find a clean one myself to trade up but I have another kid on the way so I need to stay put.

The 4710 is a 4 cylinder Yanmar engined tractor. Great engines. Look into an underbody armor protection kit.

/ Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader
I didn't know I could get an underbody kit - thanks for mentioning it.
Yesterday I tried out a Kioti DK35 hydro. Nice machine, about the same size as the 4710. Brand new the dealer wants $19,800, including the KL351 loader. For an 8-1/2' kioti backhoe, add $6,400. This sounds like a better deal, but is there a difference in the quality of the implements, etc.?

/ Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader #4  
Don't know much about the Kioti line of tractors. Most guys speak pretty highly of 'em, though.

But isn't the DK35 around 35hp? I believe that the 4710 is a 48hp tractor. You would notice quite a difference in ground engagement work -- I believe.

150 hrs is 2 oil changes from a new unit. (What year is the tractor -- hrs seems kinda low?)

Some other features that also add up to more value --- 3rd rear SCV, R4 tires, optional front and rear work lights, heavy duty FEL bucket, motion-match(cruise).

This tractor have any of those features? As it stands, the current price ain't too bad. You might have a couple hundred to shave off (maybe $19K) but not a lot more than that IMO.

And the price (is it installed and includes Power Beyond) for the 448 hoe is a good price, too.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make.

AKfish