Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Default Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader

...$19,395. Add $7,200 for 448 hoe dealer is suggesting.
    I need more digging ability than what my BH 650 and L2800 are giving me. I have to expose about 75' of my foundation, run new drainage, and finish quite a bit of earthmoving/shaping to handle a wet property. I also would like to start my own business doing the same for homeowners and contractors. While I have no other complaints about my L2800, this work is taking too long at home, and I dont want to be undergunned on a jobsite (all things considered). Is the 4710 enough machine for this? How about the 448? This is getting close to the cost of a new L39!
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Default Re: Price check (and opinions): 4710 hydro, 150hrs, with loader

It seems to be a good deal. I would like to find a clean one myself to trade up but I have another kid on the way so I need to stay put.

The 4710 is a 4 cylinder Yanmar engined tractor. Great engines. Look into an underbody armor protection kit.
    The measure of any man's virtue is what he would do, if he had neither the laws, nor public opinion, or even his own prejudices to control him. - William Hazlitt

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

I didn't know I could get an underbody kit - thanks for mentioning it.
    Yesterday I tried out a Kioti DK35 hydro. Nice machine, about the same size as the 4710. Brand new the dealer wants $19,800, including the KL351 loader. For an 8-1/2' kioti backhoe, add $6,400. This sounds like a better deal, but is there a difference in the quality of the implements, etc.?
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Don't know much about the Kioti line of tractors. Most guys speak pretty highly of 'em, though.

But isn't the DK35 around 35hp? I believe that the 4710 is a 48hp tractor. You would notice quite a difference in ground engagement work -- I believe.

150 hrs is 2 oil changes from a new unit. (What year is the tractor -- hrs seems kinda low?)

Some other features that also add up to more value --- 3rd rear SCV, R4 tires, optional front and rear work lights, heavy duty FEL bucket, motion-match(cruise).

This tractor have any of those features? As it stands, the current price ain't too bad. You might have a couple hundred to shave off (maybe $19K) but not a lot more than that IMO.

And the price (is it installed and includes Power Beyond) for the 448 hoe is a good price, too.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make.

AKfish