Trade in value?

/ Trade in value? #1  

Piedmont

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I’m have not been able to sell by 2305 and was going to approach my dealer about a trade in, has anyone very come out ahead in this deal? I know what it’s worth retail based on other ads I have seen but I don’t wholesale which is what I’m sure I’m going to be offered. Does anyone know a source for wholesale pricing or is it what the dealer wants to pay to take on more used inventory?

/ Trade in value? #2  
Piedmont said:
I’m have not been able to sell by 2305 and was going to approach my dealer about a trade in, has anyone very come out ahead in this deal? I know what it’s worth retail based on other ads I have seen but I don’t wholesale which is what I’m sure I’m going to be offered. Does anyone know a source for wholesale pricing or is it what the dealer wants to pay to take on more used inventory?

I probably missed this on another thread..
What are you going to trade for?

If you just want to sell the tractor (not replace it), maybe the dealer can sell on consignment.

Either way, you're going to take a pretty good hit...so you might want to reconsider the sale or trade.
But, it is your money...

/ Trade in value?
RoyJackson said:
I probably missed this on another thread..
What are you going to trade for?

If you just want to sell the tractor (not replace it), maybe the dealer can sell on consignment.

Either way, you're going to take a pretty good hit...so you might want to reconsider the sale or trade.
But, it is your money...
I'm looking at a 2520, I have sold the implements but still have the tractor. I think I'm going to take a beating eaither way, but I do like that consignment deal, I'm going to run that by my dealer. What do you think he'll want 10-15%?

/ Trade in value? #4  
10% is standard, but for something that small he might want a "set amount"

/ Trade in value? #5  
Piedmont said:
I'm looking at a 2520, I have sold the implements but still have the tractor. I think I'm going to take a beating eaither way, but I do like that consignment deal, I'm going to run that by my dealer. What do you think he'll want 10-15%?

I figure 10%.

Remember, the best thing the dealer can offer is high visibility for your tractor. It'll still be priced against new machines with a full warranty and probably better financing.
Odds are, you'll still take a considerable hit on it.
Also, if you are planning on using the proceeds from this sale to help finance the new tractor...well, don't plan on it. If you come out even, (once the dealer takes his 10%), you'll be doing good.

So...you still want to sell that tractor?