Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades?

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #1  

glennmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota L3430
Why Doesn\'t Deere Sell Boxblades?

John Deere is the historical and international uber-institution of tractordom. The have the most products, the most attachments, the most features, the fattest product catalogs, and the most sophisticated website.

John Deere offers just about every product you have ever heard of, and many you never have heard of, for every agricultural application from bushes and lawns to monster farms and ranches.

Yet there is a conspicous absence in the mighty John Deere product armamentarium, an abyss, a vacuum, a void: There is no John Deere boxblade.

Why?

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #2  
Re: Why Doesn\'t Deere Sell Boxblades?

I have one its a 50A about 12 years old, I would post a picture if I could.
the model designation makes no sense, it is niether 50inches nor 5 feet wide it is a 6 foot model non-rollover, fixed back blade

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #3  

I just enrolled in a night class at the local community college to learn what half those words meant. Seriously, though, I suppose they only make the implements that are high profit margin and give them an edge against the "larger" competition. There are sure a lot of companies that can make box blades, middle busters, 3PH sprayers, PTO broadcasters, etc. I am honestly surprised that they still offer rear 3PH grader blades. I'm sure they outsource quite a bit of the work on non-proprietary (how's that for a $0.50 word) attachments. Landpride, Befco, Worksaver, etc., etc., specialize in these areas and will always be less expensive and probably as high-quality attachements as Deere ever would. I don't think Deere minds selling those pints and quarts of expensive green enamel for the color sensitive, truly loyal.

Regards,

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #4  

I thought there was a boxblade in the new "frontier" line /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #5  

10-62346-FrontierBoxBladeforJD.jpg

Glenn,

Is part of the criteria... "it must say John Deere on it?"... or will this suffice...? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #6  

John,

You seem to be the resident expert on things related to JD -- How 'bout a comment or two on Frontier implements compared with Landpride and others? Am I right in recalling that Frontier is made by Woods? Thanks.

Bill

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #7  

I like Steve have a JD 50 BB.Mine is 5' with 2 fixed rear blades and 5 manual scarifer teeth.Don't know how old it is, but the only wear is rust,the metal is still like new.The thing is overbuilt,bet the only way I could hurt it would be to take a torch to it.By looks, the frontier blade JMIII posted a picture probably weighs as much as two of my scarifer teeth do.I'll bet my JD boxblade will be around for me to pass on to my grandkids!

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #8  

http://www.johndeere.com/NR/rdonlyres/00008cb4xjixvomb.pdf

The specs for the 210LE landscape loader list a box blade as available. They consider a box blade construction equipment rather than agriculture. JD's website is screwing up so I couldn't get the specs on attachments. I also noticed that the landscape loader comes with lift, pitch and tilt cylinders on the three point, top and tilt, standard.

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #9  

I have the Frontier 6 ft boxblade and the 6 ft rotary cutter #613 w/ slip clutch. Both work well so far. JD dealer confirmed Woods as the manuf. I'd like the boxblade a little better if I didn't have to flip the scarifiers upside down (w/ teeth forward) when I don't want them. Lately I leave them in the higher (less protruding) position. Dealer talked me out of buying an MX6 cutter (4700HST).

/ Why Doesn't Deere Sell Boxblades? #10  

I'm curious why the dealer talked you out of the MX6? I've got a 513 and it's pretty disappointing. Very light duty. If I had known, I'd have gone for an MX series /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif