4010 ?

/ 4010 ? #1  

wilnis

Bronze Member
Hi-Looked at a 23 hour 4010 this am, with a new 4010 60"MMM, $10,000 firm.
I have an X595, 62MMM, nice tractor, but my property is rough, it has smaller wheels than I'm used to (used to have a few boomers which were not nearly as rough) and it is pretty hard to sit for the 3-4 acres I cut. This 4010 is at a dealer that used to sell Kubotas, now sells used ag and lawn equipment as well as some new attachments and Zero-turn mowers, and has a big repair shop. Got this one with a blade, sold the blade and put the mower on to move it.
Question - is the 4010 a good mower? The deck is much sturdier and heavier than the 62C on the X595, and comes with a steer bar welded around the edge so I'm hoping it will do better. It seems to be a gound riding mower rather than suspended like the 62C, any problems with that? My property is an old farm place that I got with the buildings and 10 acres, lots of hills and is rough.
Thanks for any info-most of the posts I read on this site seemed pretty positive about the 4010. Bill

/ 4010 ? #2  
A couple thoughts:

-Your X-series seat probably has better suspension the 4010.
-The 60mmm is a comercial duty deck-it's built like a tank!
-The deck IS suspended, it's not designed to "ride" on the ground.

/ 4010 ? #3  
wilnis,

14.5 pto hp. That says it all. Your X will have it all over the 4010 in power. Perhaps this is important, perhaps it is not. Think about it.

/ 4010 ? #4  
JDFANATIC said:
wilnis,

14.5 pto hp. That says it all. Your X will have it all over the 4010 in power. Perhaps this is important, perhaps it is not. Think about it.

Now you did it JDFan - I expect RalphVA to hurl 2210 bombs at you now :)