Best 5ft rotary cutter for JD 3320?

/ Best 5ft rotary cutter for JD 3320? #1  

ArtVandelay

Bronze Member
What would be the best 5ft rotary cutter for the JD 3320? And would the FEL need to on or off for the best ride while cutting with it? I will be cutting 9 acres of pasture with a lot of Reed Canary Grass on it. The soil is mostly clay.

Thanks.

/ Best 5ft rotary cutter for JD 3320? #2  
ArtVandelay said:
What would be the best 5ft rotary cutter for the JD 3320? And would the FEL need to on or off for the best ride while cutting with it? I will be cutting 9 acres of pasture with a lot of Reed Canary Grass on it. The soil is mostly clay.

Thanks.

The best one is the one you get the best deal on.

That said, I have a Land Pride I'm quite happy with. I've ran it hard and it's held up well. I expect to get many more years service out of it.

/ Best 5ft rotary cutter for JD 3320? #3  
Art,
Roy is correct... but I would like to add that light duty cutters seem to take less HP to run, and medium duty take more, and heavy duty even more.... Even if they are all 5 foot units....

Not that your tractor is light on HP, but I would look into what you are cutting, and if it is not heavy brush, a light duty might go through the tall grasses easier than a Heavy Duty.....

You might get by without the FEL with a light duty. I have the deere MX5 for my 3720, and I use it on the 5303 sometimes... I like to have the FEL on it, but it is not needed.... It just feels better to me.

There are a lot of deals out there on the LX models from deere, since they are discontinued.... Some of the prices are close to TSC...