JD870

/ JD870 #1  

widmn

Silver Member
Tractor
JD870
Need a price on a 98 JD870 MFWD with loader and a heavy Landpride box blade and 3 piece Freedom hitch. The darn thing is like brand new. Only 137 hours. The guy let it sit in the garage and hardly used it. The paint isn't even worn on the floor, clutch,brake pedal or FEL(except at the very lip).

He wants $13,000 for it which I thought was high for a "used" tractor of this size but it is really a "new" tractor. What say you?

/ JD870 #2  
widmn said:
Need a price on a 98 JD870 MFWD with loader and a heavy Landpride box blade and 3 piece Freedom hitch. The darn thing is like brand new. Only 137 hours. The guy let it sit in the garage and hardly used it. The paint isn't even worn on the floor, clutch,brake pedal or FEL(except at the very lip).

He wants $13,000 for it which I thought was high for a "used" tractor of this size but it is really a "new" tractor. What say you?

That's a good price!
If you're not interested, let me know where it's at in PA!

FYI, the 870 has more in common with the 990 than it does the 790. That's a 9/3 syncro transmission and a more robust front axle (if it's MFWD).
That machine has 28 Engine HP/25 at the PTO.

I looked at one last summer (at a dealer, after store hours). It was gone in one day...I assume it was sold.

Last edited:
   / JD870
Just bought it, but I am in Nevada now. Just changed my profile to reflect that. Thanks

/ JD870 #4  
Enjoy your new 870!

/ JD870 #5  
widmn --- yah done good! Congratulations! (And you got 'ol Roy's heart rate goin' there for a bit too...!)

They're a real beast! If it's a '98 model I'm guessing that it came with the 440 FEL which is a quik-tach bucket model. (I'd love to swap you for a model 80 FEL...)

AKfish

/ JD870
Yeah, I'm real happy with it so far. Drove it to the Deere dealer to have it serviced. It looks brand new almost. It has the 440 FEL.
I see 870s going for $8,000 ot 10,000, but I guess they have only 2WD and much more hours.

/ JD870 #7  
Good price for a darn good tractor, I had one.

/ JD870 #8  
AKfish said:
widmn --- yah done good! Congratulations! (And you got 'ol Roy's heart rate goin' there for a bit too...!)

They're a real beast! If it's a '98 model I'm guessing that it came with the 440 FEL which is a quik-tach bucket model. (I'd love to swap you for a model 80 FEL...)

AKfish

He sure did...you don't see many 870s or 970s for sale. And when they are, they go mighty fast.