Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD870

Default JD870

Need a price on a 98 JD870 MFWD with loader and a heavy Landpride box blade and 3 piece Freedom hitch. The darn thing is like brand new. Only 137 hours. The guy let it sit in the garage and hardly used it. The paint isn't even worn on the floor, clutch,brake pedal or FEL(except at the very lip).

He wants $13,000 for it which I thought was high for a "used" tractor of this size but it is really a "new" tractor. What say you?

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: JD870

Quote Originally Posted by widmn
    Need a price on a 98 JD870 MFWD with loader and a heavy Landpride box blade and 3 piece Freedom hitch. The darn thing is like brand new. Only 137 hours. The guy let it sit in the garage and hardly used it. The paint isn't even worn on the floor, clutch,brake pedal or FEL(except at the very lip).

He wants $13,000 for it which I thought was high for a "used" tractor of this size but it is really a "new" tractor. What say you?

That's a good price!
    If you're not interested, let me know where it's at in PA!

FYI, the 870 has more in common with the 990 than it does the 790. That's a 9/3 syncro transmission and a more robust front axle (if it's MFWD).
    That machine has 28 Engine HP/25 at the PTO.

I looked at one last summer (at a dealer, after store hours). It was gone in one day...I assume it was sold.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; 07-05-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD870

Just bought it, but I am in Nevada now. Just changed my profile to reflect that. Thanks

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Enjoy your new 870!
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

widmn --- yah done good! Congratulations! (And you got 'ol Roy's heart rate goin' there for a bit too...!)

They're a real beast! If it's a '98 model I'm guessing that it came with the 440 FEL which is a quik-tach bucket model. (I'd love to swap you for a model 80 FEL...)

AKfish

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD870

Yeah, I'm real happy with it so far. Drove it to the Deere dealer to have it serviced. It looks brand new almost. It has the 440 FEL.
    I see 870s going for $8,000 ot 10,000, but I guess they have only 2WD and much more hours.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CIH D40, JD5310, Mule 610

Good price for a darn good tractor, I had one.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish
    widmn --- yah done good! Congratulations! (And you got 'ol Roy's heart rate goin' there for a bit too...!)

They're a real beast! If it's a '98 model I'm guessing that it came with the 440 FEL which is a quik-tach bucket model. (I'd love to swap you for a model 80 FEL...)

AKfish
    He sure did...you don't see many 870s or 970s for sale. And when they are, they go mighty fast.
    Roy Jackson

-Joseph P. Martino