Bronze Member
    Tractor
    AC HB112, Simplicity 7018, JD 2320, Troy-Bilt GT1600, Jacobson UV-4, TwisterBunch of old worn out Case's

Default Good Deal?

Quick opinion question. 2 year old 4115 with 28 hours and a 200CX LDR that doesn't even have the paint scraped off,for $11.5K. Does that sound reasonable?

Skip

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: Good Deal?

Assuming this is a hydrostatic model, It sounds like a good deal to me
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, John Deere LT150

I had a 4115 that I sold last year, it was a great tractor and I sure do miss it! I had the 410 loader and 46 hoe on mine.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Still looking...

Quote Originally Posted by 2deeskip
    Quick opinion question. 2 year old 4115 with 28 hours and a 200CX LDR that doesn't even have the paint scraped off,for $11.5K. Does that sound reasonable?

Skip
    Skip, see this...

John Deere 4115 Tractors - Compact (1-40hp.) LV4115H421388 - John Deere MachineFinder.com

If the tractor you are interested in is a private sale then I suppose I'd expect it to be priced less than a dealer, but it still sounds like a good deal. If it has a deck then it's even better.

Silver Member

Skip,
    I have been checking out used 41xx series John Deeres for awhile (amongst others) in hopes of a purchase in the not too distant future. I would jump on this deal based on what I have seen on Machine Finder, Tractorhouse and ebay. If you don't, let me know where it is, I'm in SW New York state and would be very intersted in this 4115, Good Luck!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    AC HB112, Simplicity 7018, JD 2320, Troy-Bilt GT1600, Jacobson UV-4, TwisterBunch of old worn out Case's

Update: This tractor is on "consignment" at a local JD dealer by a couple getting divorced. I made the deal, supposedly OK'd by both parties, when a lawyer got in the middle of it & scuttled it.
    I guess I'm still looking!

Skip

Silver Member

Too bad! I had JD 790 all eyed up to buy, but its at a dealer 250 miles away. As the salesman and I were playing phone tag with my neverending list of questions, someone bought it off the lot yesterday. But, I guess they have a 4115 that is a repo, so we'll see where that goes. I'm having a tough time deciding whether I should get HST or not.

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, John Deere LT150

Quote Originally Posted by JSR LLS
    Too bad! I had JD 790 all eyed up to buy, but its at a dealer 250 miles away. As the salesman and I were playing phone tag with my neverending list of questions, someone bought it off the lot yesterday. But, I guess they have a 4115 that is a repo, so we'll see where that goes. I'm having a tough time deciding whether I should get HST or not.
    I believe that the 4115 was only available w/HST...

Silver Member

You are correct JDGREEN4ME, 4115 is only HST. I am looking to purchase my first CUT. My thinking is maybe gear drive (like on a 790) wouldn't be bad as I wouldn't know what I was missing. Our GX345 is of course HST, but that would be kept for mowing around the house, where the HST comes in handy.