Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    A couple

Default Re: MADE IN CHINA on JD

I see Fisher-Price is recalling about a million kids toys made in China because of lead based paint.

A fair global economy is one thing; but China is essentially dumping their crap on the world market.

I can hardly wait until China becomes too expensive to manufacture goods. No doubt they will outsource to Africa where our Chinese buddies are pouring money into now.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by BillyP
    Why would anyone care if it was union made? They don't guarantee me that the product is any better than any non union made.

As I wrote earlier...I'm not a big fan of unions...but that is why we had a strong middle class in the US.
    When you see an executive pulling in 10's of millions...then get a "golden parachute" if he fails...well, that's discouraging.

AKfish wrote "Many ecomomists and political leaders say this is a good thing and no one should be alarmed..."
    I've read the same thing...and those folks have absolutely no credibility with me. It's not like their jobs have been outsourced.
    Me...I'm a strong believer in tariffs...in lieu of taxes.

Well, this post of mine is getting too political (and my blood pressure is going up), so I'm going to end it.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Banned

It is pretty easy to blame others for our troubles, lets all blame China for working hard and doing stuff us north americans refuse to do, then we can blame china for taking away all the manufacturing.

The sad reality is over the last 50 years the north american people have become alot more lazy than the asians oversea.

In North America we all have 50" plasma tv's, john deere mini's to cut the grass, Suv's to pick up food, triple car garages, 4,5 bedroom homes with 3 baths. We could care less for working hard. We rather exploit the cheap workforce overseas and work less but make more money, it's the american way.

So before we blame the asians lets stop and think about our lifestyle choices, WHY does USA take in more CHINA made goods than any other country in the world? Compare population to imports and USA clearly is the import leader for CHINA made. In my personal views it makes no difference what country we buy from, when we buy from China we help out good people that need help, that is hardly anything to be upset about. When it comes to helping people and families we really should not be worried about any borders.

We are living in a global market which means country of origin becomes pointless. In this day and age the way the world is rolling along lets admit it we all need each other. The sad part is USA needs China more than CHINA needs USA.

In closing the above is just my useless view so please don't take anything the wrong way.

Cheers

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Quote Originally Posted by KrumpsBrother
    The loader on my off-brand Farmtrac is made in the good old USA

KB

aren't some Farmtrac's built in NC or is it just their loaders? i think i remember Farmtrac builds their own loaders(and some of their implements?) but wasnt sure.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305/JD 4720 cab

JDCAN:

Good post but I disagree with your conclusion. Most of the stuff I buy from China (or is mostly made in China) I don't need and could do without (Probably with a higher quality of life).

China needs the US to buy items just for basic economic reasons to pay and feed there folks.

Almost all the inexpensive stuff I buy at Wal-Mart I buy since it's cheap. I would never buy it if it was a lot of $$. If we track our spending (I have on occassion) it's not the big items (Tractors, etc.) that I spend a lot of $$ on - I am totally aware of every buy I make in that category, it's the 100's and 1000's of small (probably $5-$50 each) items I buy every year. They add up. If I account for all the big items in my spending I always end up with a 'huge hole' of unaccounted for $$$ - That's the money I spent on this 'unaccounted for' crap. Small appliances I don't need, Dunkin Donuts coffees, etc. Try it sometime and I'll bet you'll be shocked by what you spend on what you don't know. I am every time. Every week brings at least one trip to Wal-Mart with me buying new 'crap' I don't really need but buy since it's so cheap it's appealing. Did I really need that new clock radio/cd player? No, but it's so easy to justify buying it if it's cheap. Volume my friend, volume.

Ironically I watch a 14 year old 27" TV and have $6.95/mo (basic basic) cable since I'm a cheapo and don't like recurring bills.

As for blame I wouldn't put it anywhere except ourselves (The consumers). Companies don't sell crap folks don't buy. If we don't like something or a practice we can simply stop buying those goods (as a group) and it'll go away.

In a similar note folks think Wal-Mart drives out the Mom and Pop stores. It's not Wal-Mart, it's us. Given the choice we want the cheap crap vs the hand made high priced mom and pop stuff. Wal-Mart doesn't force us to shop there instead of the mom and pop stores we make the choice, we buy the stuff, etc.
    "I'd rather be on my Tractor"

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

Quote Originally Posted by orlo
    Ironically I watch a 14 year old 27" TV and have $6.95/mo (basic basic) cable since I'm a cheapo and don't like recurring bills.
    Wow! You have cable! I just called Directv and cancelled after recieving the last bill for $56.98 and realizing I hadn't even turned the tv on in over 2 months!

Tractor
    2006 mahindra 2615 hst

Hey Roy. Sorry about the blood pressure. I'm still able to stir it up good though. Now I'll stir it again. All you union haters should thank a union member for the small benefits you do have. If it wasn't for them you'd be working like the Chinese stuffing the pockets of powerful with little regard for your family. Checks and Balances,A fist is stronger than fingers,Etc.
    And I don't like people crying about union members making a good living just because they are to weak to fight for fairness. Those who think a benevolent corporate boss is going to care of everbody fairly when he holds all the cards are naive.

I bought a book years ago, and read it. I think it's title was "John Deere, an American Story", or something to that effect. I would have to go into the library and look for it. Anyway, in it was stated that John Deere entered into a join agreement to product wheat harvestors for China. This was back in the mid 70's. They had a brand new JD wheat harvestor sitting there in China, right out of the factory. So this just didn't start over night. I was also talking to the salesperson who sold the lab a new Robodrill, 3 axis, for making unique lab parts. He was telling me that Harely Davidson in York, PA. was shutting down some machining lines for parts. He mentioned axles. All this work was going to China. I believe that this has been mentioned, but I heard it also, straight from the fellow who was buying the used equipment from Harley. Harley-Davidson, made in America, well I guess they will have to now state, assembled in America.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by specialkkl
    Hey Roy. Sorry about the blood pressure. I'm still able to stir it up good though. Now I'll stir it again. All you union haters should thank a union member for the small benefits you do have.
    No, you misunderstood me...I don't care for unions...but that's due to the political efforts they've made that aren't even close to union activity...also, some of the folks they've supported.
    Now, so we don't get political...and this thread isn't closed...I'll leave it at that.
    But, you're welcome to PM me to continue...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Farmtrac 675DTC/Kubota B7800/BCS 2Wheel with ACME 6.5hp

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms
    aren't some Farmtrac's built in NC or is it just their loaders? i think i remember Farmtrac builds their own loaders(and some of their implements?) but wasnt sure.
    Rolly, the FT's are "built" in NC (India), the loaders are manufactured in NC.

Cheers, KB
    '96 Ford Ranger
    '92 Old Town Canoe w/2.5hp Cuss & Carry
    1 Bad Case of Wiskey Tango

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast