MADE IN CHINA on JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MADE IN CHINA on JD #1  

specialkkl

Tractor
2006 mahindra 2615 hst
Is this company out of its mind. They have a niche market like Harley Davidson and they put a made in CHINA loader on a small subcompact. I almost died when I seen that. People pay extra for the made in USA and green paint. Anywhere but CHINA.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #2  
Yup! Sad but true...
I don't think the whole loader is made in China, just the castings are. But, as a JD employee would tell you (no, I'm not one!) We are a "Global Company):(

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #3  
specialkkl said:
Is this company out of its mind. They have a niche market like Harley Davidson and they put a made in CHINA loader on a small subcompact. I almost died when I seen that. People pay extra for the made in USA and green paint. Anywhere but CHINA.
Yeah, kind of a shocker the first time you see it. :eek: Even more of a shocker when you find out they still want the same sky high prices. :rolleyes:

Seems at first like it must be a mistake! Then you point it out to the salesman. Next you find out that the salesmen are all trained to pretend it doesn't matter. "How 'bout them Mets!!!" :D

Whether it does or doesn't... someone somewhere in JD definitely doesn't get it. :eek: Please folks... at least hide the "Made in China" stamps and labels where the customers can't see them!!! :cool:

Dougster

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #4  
In ten years lets all look back at this while we are sitting on our new "made in China" tractors:eek:

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #5  
specialkkl said:

Deere has been global for a long time...at least 20 years (or more).
I don't care for it either...but my 790 is a Yanmar built under Deere specs.

Since you're a policeman, you may well be driving a Ford Crown Victoria. Everyone of them is foreign built too...made in Canada (so I have read).

Anyway, you own a Mahindra...just stopping by the Deere forum to stir some stuff?

You know, one of the reasons manufacturers outsource is so they don't have to comply with environmental and other regulation in the United States. Maybe we need a law that would require imported goods be manufactured under the same envonmental and employment regulations or, they couldn't be imported. Think that would help?

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #6  
Now you've done it, specialk. The JD thought police will be along shortly to deal with your faulty perceptions of this so-called 'issue'. Better start packing for the re-education camp.....and find someone to feed the pets.

What is there about "If JD did it, it's OK." that you don't understand?
Bob ;)

----OOPS! I see my warning came too late. :)

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #7  
I think it's a disgrace.

If JD wants to make equipment in China, GREAT, but sell it to the Chinese, not us. I'd rather have a Japanese-made Kubota than a Chinese-made Deere.

Seems like everything I buy that's made in China breaks a lot sooner than it was supposed to and ends-up in the county landfill.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #8  
wallace said:
In ten years lets all look back at this while we are sitting on our new "made in China" tractors:eek:
I pray you are wrong. :eek: I fear you are right. :(

Dougster

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #9  
Yes, I noticed that on the main casting on the 200CX loader frame on my 2520. Kinda rubs me the wrong way too, but that's reality in today's world. You do, I'm sure, know that these tractors (at least 2520's) are manufactured at Yanmar in Japan. All their CUT engines have always come from there and I think Yanmar even built the JD650/750/850 series tractors starting in the late 70's.

I think you got to get up into a 50+ HP tractor before you have one mostly made here in the USA. Almost all CUT's from any manufaturer are made somewhere overseas. Regardless where they're made the Deere's are still as good as anything else out there.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD
What's wrong with stirring. I just wanted to know what other peoples thoughts on this were. I understand they are all made in Japan,etc. And if i didn't get a smoking divorce deal on my Mahindra I'd be making payments on a made in Japan JD. Just don't see how JD can throw that niche out the door, go to CHINA and become a Honda Davidson without some marketing people cringing. For now it's MADE IN TOMBALL TEXAS with a mitsubishi engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.