How do people like the JD forks for the cx200?

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #1  

tomd999

Platinum Member
Tractor
'10 3320 cab
Hi All,

Putting the final few things on the invoice for the 2520 this week. I can almost justify a set of forks for it.

If you have the JD forks: How do you like them and what did you pay? If you have others, same questions.

Thanx in advance,

Tom

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #2  
I have a set from Horst Welding aka HLA. They are lighter and less expensive then J.D.
I use them all the time. Collect some pallets and you'll find all sorts of uses for them. They also work well for moving stuff around (tables, hay feeders, wood shavings, logs,......) They also work on piles of brush.

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #3  
Tomd999, I don't have the john Deere model but I did get the Bradco pallet attachment for my 2520 and it is sweet. The bradco pallet forks are built really strong. I can't see anything going wrong with them.

I am sure the John Deere units are just as good.

Pallet forks are a must, IMO. I paid $700 with the purchase of the tractor.

Have fun.

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #4  
I have the Frontier, 42 inch fixed tine pallet forks. They are great. Well built and easy to attach/detach. Also, the forks come off fairly easy if you need to remove them, such as if you make an attachment carrier that fits on the fork mount. They were about $800 minus 12% discount for the purchase package I bought. The amount of wear and tear they save on the old body is priceless.

One thing I like about the fixed tine, as opposed to the floating tine forks, is that you can use them to dig things up, such as roots or rocks easier because the forks are rigid and not trying to move when you apply pressure to them. I suppose if all I were doing was lifting actual pallets, I might think differently.

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #5  
I got a set from my dealer made at a local welding shop. I used them the other day to unload a pressure washer with a burner on it. It was big and heavy, and I never broke a sweat. Sure beats unloading things by hand. JC

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #6  
I got a set of the Frontier forks for my 2320. I would not be without them.

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #7  
I have the JD floating (adjustable) forks for my 2320. Very handy. They can do things, such as pick up a heavy and bulky item, that I can't accomplish otherwise.
For instance, I had a 24" log segment that wouldn't fit in my loader bucket. It was easy to scoop it up with the forks. I've read opinions from other folks that they are better than the bucket for logging.
I had a lot of difficulty adjusting the forks at first. Then I smoothed down the crossbar with coarse emery paper and lithium greased it. Another guy showed me the proper way to adjust the forks. Lift up the tip with one hand and push the fork with your other hand and belly.

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #8  
$7-800 seems crazy.......:eek:

/ How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #9  
I've got a custom bale fork that has perfect distance for pallets and such, so it's kinda both (bale and fixed-pallet)

It's easily my favorite implement. Especially good when hauling long material across the yard. Railway ties, 8 ft firewood lengths, loading/unloading the 1/2 ton.

Primary use however is stacking large 850- 900lb square bales in the shed. I can easily stack them 3 high. We stocked up for winter last week and put over 35 large squares in the shed. That's almost 500 small square bale equivalent, and the kicker is that I didn't have to personally lift a single blade of grass hay :D and we save money.

They're made by a local guy here in Manitoba. Don't have a price as I got the dealer to throw them in to the deal when I bought. I estimate them around 8 or 900 cdn. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• fork 3.JPG
    fork 3.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 484
   / How do people like the JD forks for the cx200? #10  
I have the JD forks. well there the frontier fixed rail forks.
I love them. you can do wonders with them. you surly need a good
set of forks.....;)

Chris....:)