Price Check 790 4WD Package Price Check...

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #1  

TexasOaks

Bronze Member
Tractor
In the market
Package Includes:

07' Tractor
-790 30HP 4x4 with ag. tires
-300 Loader with Grille Guard & Joystick
-5' Cutter & Box Blade, Post Hole Digger
-16' HD Tandem Trailer with ramps (no brakes on trailer $200 extra)
-2 year warranty on entire tractor
-3 year power train warranty
-1 year on the implements

Cost: $17,988

How you would you evaluate the whole package? I've seen 790's 4WD brand new with mower for $14,599 (just not close to me but saw one from a dealer on tractor house) I dont know how much trailers usually go for but I think around $1,000? The box blade around $250, the post hole digger I don't know? The warranty is always nice to have so that's a plus instead of going used. Is this package over priced?

Need Feedback Please
Thanks

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check...
How much difference in price with 3hp run you? For instance, a tractor from 27hp to 30hp.

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #3  
TexasOaks said:
How much difference in price with 3hp run you? For instance, a tractor from 27hp to 30hp.

You mean, how much would a tractor with 27-30 PTO HP cost compared to the price you got on the 790 package? Depends...

BTW, the 790 is 27 Gross engine HP, not 30...and it's 24 PTO HP.
It appears you're buying everything as a package. You may find the post hole digger, box blade and rotary cutter cheaper elsewhere.
Do you need the trailer? Are you expecting to move this machine from site to site?

As far as the pricing...sounds reasonable, but pricing is quite regional so you should try other dealers within a 100 mile radius (or however far you want to drive) for a realistic comparison.

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #4  
What brand is the equipment that comes with the tractor? If you plan to use the trailer, get the brakes. JC

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #5  
^^^^ Ditto on the brakes, since it's over a ton. $200 well-spent.

Base tractor would be 12 large. Add $1500-ish for the trailer (right?), $1500-2000 for the 3ph implements. So, if the FEL, et al is worth more than $2500, it's a good deal.

Delivery included?

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #6  
That sounds like a very good deal. Make sure that you get the heavy duty bucket on the loader and have the tires filled as part of that price.

If you are going to finance the package, make sure to ask for the JD insurance which is dirt cheap. The dealer will NOT push the sale of JD insurance like a car dealer will. The JD insurance is excellent coverage at a fraction of the cost of a regular insurer and they pay claims quickly without a hassle. I'm not sure if the insurance is available if you don't finance with them.

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check...
Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked to our dealer that is close to our property and they are very happy that we wanted to bring business locally instead of us importing from somewhere else. They would gladly be competive with any other JD dealers. They also gave me a heads up on a JD 790 comming in on a trade in. Also I ran into someone at church that has a JD that might be something. All I know is this tractor buying has been a long journey and I cant wait to actually buy one.

-We are going to pay cash.
-Delivery not included.
-The brands of the implements I cant remembered but I asked and I know they are not JD.
-I would say we would need a trailer (at least eventually).
-All we have is a disc so we are starting from scratch.
-Heavy duty bucket and get tires filled (thanks)
-Brakes are worth it, got it.

/ 790 4WD Package Price Check... #8  
Sounds great from what prices a JD dealer near us gave us for prices on a 790 or 2320. I'd be jumping on that puppy.