Price Check 2320 Price Check and Questions

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #1  

JSR LLS

Silver Member
After countless hours reading and searching on this great website, I think I have narrowed my search down to a 2320. We currently have a 2003 GX345 with a 54C deck and 290 hours in great shape. My wife and I are having a tough time deciding whether to trade the GX345 or not. We won't ever be mowing at the same time and have limited trim mowing to do. So, we don't think it makes sense to fuel and maintain two machines, but my wife is quite attached to "her" tractor. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I will probably also try to get a firmer price on a Kubota B7610, which will be from a Pennsylvania dealer (so no tax, I guess?, still seems like a shady way of saving some cash). We have drove my grandfather's B7500 and so far I much prefer the Deere. Here is the price we received:
2320 w/turf tires $11,650
200CX FEL $2,600
47" Front Mount Snowblower $2805
62D OnRamp MMM $2575
Trade on GX345 $3500 (reasonable?)

Total OTD $16,130

Good Deal?...I don't think it is too bad.
We're considering not geting the FEL...I know, I know. But we have 18 neighbors on our dead end road and nine of them have FEL's and are very generous with their time and diesel fuel. Also, the dealer said it would be only about $150 more to add it later. With that in mind, I was thinking of seeing if they would throw in the 50 hour filter kit and some front suitcase weights, or...giving me a good deal (if not throwing in) on the Power Wheels JD Gator for my two sons that they had on the showroom floor. Should I try to get more for the GX345? Sorry for the length of this post, but thank you in advance for any thoughts/advice.:)

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #2  
Those look like pretty reasonable prices to me.

What will you be sing it for? I like mowing around the house better with a smaller machine myself, but nothing wrong with mowing with the 2320.

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #3  
Prepared For:

Dealership: FRONTIER LAWN & REC INC
3151 N FRONTAGE ROAD
MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360
Phone: 2198743881
Email: FRONTIERLAWN@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Date: July 13, 2007

Price and availability subject to change without notice. Taxes, extended warranty and freight charges are extra. Some additional charges may apply.

All amounts are displayed in USD
2320 4-Wheel Drive Tractor
Code Description Qty List Price
0150LV 2320 4-Wheel Drive Tractor $12,839.00

Options
Required Items:

1505 Standard Seat, Open Station 1 In Base Price

4300 23X8.5-12 4PR Front R3 Turf Bias
31X13.5-15 4PR Rear R3 Turf Bias 1 In Base Price

Configuration Total: $12,839.00

200CX Loader
2511W 200CX Loader

For 2305, 2320, 2520, 2210, 4100, 4110 and 4115 Tractors. $2,713.00

Options
Required Items:

2010 Mounting Frame (2305) 1 In Base Price

4095 Less Ballast Box 1 In Base Price

5010 Hood Guard (2210, 2305, 2320) 1 In Base Price

8000 49 In. (1250 mm) Materials Bucket 1 In Base Price

Configuration Total: $2,713.00

62D In. OnRamp Mid-Mount Side Discharge Mower (For 2320 Tractor)
0180LV 62D In. OnRamp Mid-Mount Side Discharge Mower
(For 2320 Tractor) $2,240.00

Options
Required Items:

1010 Less Attaching Parts 1 In Base Price

Configuration Total: $2,240.00

Summary

Equipment Totals (includes "Other Charges") Qty Each Extended

2320 4-Wheel Drive Tractor 1

200CX Loader 1

62D In. OnRamp Mid-Mount Side Discharge Mower (For 2320 Tractor) 1\

Sorry its so long this is an exact quote I recieved. I went to the config and built one on Deere.com and sent it to all the dealers in the area. I also got one for 16963.23 from a dealer. But I ended up with a 2305.

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions
Thanks for the replies so far. I will be using the 2320 to mow 1.5-2 acres of finished lawn (few obstacles-house, barn, garage, (2) trees and kids playset) and another 1.5+/- acres of old pasture that we have started mowing every week-its bumpy! I' m going to sell my rusty plow truck and snowblow the driveway. It is 300' long asphalt with a big concrete pad in front of the garage. I also sometimes clean out my three immediate neighbors driveways, which are probably 300' all together and all asphalt. I will also be cutting our 3-4 acres of old pasture (all grasses) with a rotary cutter 2-3 times per year. In the future we would like to add a 3PH tiller for our gardening. The dealer has been great and is only about 10 minutes from the house. It is the same dealer we bought the GX345 from and where it is serviced occasionally, when I don't have time. He has assured me that the 2320 can handle our tasks and this website seems to back that up. Thanks again.

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #5  
The 2320 will handle what you're doing with great ease... So will a 2305, for that matter, and it would save you ~$2-3K on the price. But I'm sure you checked that option...

As for the FEL, get it. Even if your nieghbors all have one, that doesn't necessarily mean they will be happy sharing thiers if you get a tractor without one. I don't know how well you get along with them, but it might seem a little pretensious... Right now you have a garden tractor w/ no FEL. If you get a 'real' tractor w/out one, it might foster a little resentment that you saved some money at thier expense?

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #6  
Here's my two bits since you asked:

My 2320 was factory defective but liked it well enough to keep it if JD would put a new motor in it--and they are (these things happen). Anyhow:

Get the FEL. I am 57 and have found that for toting and lifting its really saving a back that is getting pretty worn out. You will not regret it. You will use it for things you never imagined. And you won't owe the neighbors any favors.

I know the 2520 is stronger according to many posts on this site, but the 2320 is a mowing machine. The belly mount will work well for you for grass that you mow all the time. I have found that in the pasture type grass that is taller and in our case here in the West part of Texas, dryer, that the debris is sucked up into the hood screens and radiator screens and requires constant cleaning. I am going to try a JD RFM and see if that takes care of it.
(I have a few acres of pasture I want to "groom" so don't want to use my 5203 and MX 6). Appears you have a shredder (rotary cutter) anyhow.

My 62D has tendency to leave divots if not careful, but according to some TBN posts, JD may have cured the problem with the new 62D's.

We pay pretty well retail for CUTs in West Texas as this a an AG market, so the prices looked very reasonable to me.

The ballast box is really handy if you get the loader: however, you may have other means for the ballast already.

The cost may hurt at first, but its kinda nice to have a range of equipment to use. I think you would appreciate having the old machine in addition to the 2320. That may be a luxury, but so what?

That's my 2 bits, but its your nickle. You will enjoy the 2320.

Thanks to those who replied. Good point about not getting the FEL and the neighbors. We are still mulling the deal over. If we keep the GX345, we would probably get a RFM. Price we were given for a Frontier GM1060 is $1780. Not sure if that is good or not. The general consensus seems to be that the price we were given is decent, and I tend to agree. Do I rock the boat and ask for more on trade in or try to get them to throw in some of the things I mentioned above. BTW the FEL price includes a ballast box.:confused:

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #8  
I am in the same process of getting ahold of a 2320. As a matter of fact I am suppose to be picking it up this friday. Oh, what fun this has been reserching what to get. My heads going to pop from all the information. :)
I really wanted to go with a local dealer but neither of the 2 local dealers have a 2320 in stock, and it will be at least another week minimum before they get one in. I have things to do so I started checking around and I ended up finding it for $800 less along with a hood/brush guard and a 50 hour tune up kit thrown in, the local dealers will not match this. It is 3 hours away but I can have it now! My 400 pooped out a week ago so I have nothing and can't take it any longer!

Quoted:
200cx FEL
62D Drive over deck

$16,200

Looks like you added up to $16,825

Still not a bad price

I'll be on the road following the green rainbow in the sky in one day. yahooo!

/ 2320 Price Check and Questions #9  
I paid 16k and change for my 2320, 62D MMM and FEL a little over a year ago. It's a great tractor.:D I treated myself to the 2320 after going through Cub Cadet heck.:mad: I almost bought the 2305 but the extra ground clearance is nice and you don't have that hydro filter hanging down and the exposed plastic hydro cooling fan.

Congrats on your new purchase Gar442! I'm going crazy here. My dealer still has the 2320 that I tried out and I want to go get it NOW! My bride on the other hand...still thinks we should wait until spring?! Not really sure why. I want to buy now so I don't have to try to get our plow truck through another winter without breakdown or repair. If anyone has any good ammo to buy now, let me know. The salesman even told me that they would give me the same price and trade in the spring! That didnt help me any. Also, the more time goes by, the more time I have to think...now I'm back looking at used 4100, 4110, 4115's. Maybe my thought is, that if I spend less money, buying now isn't that big of a deal. Enjoy your 2320 Gar, and thanks everyone for the price comparisons.