Sync Reverser vs. Power Reverser- Is there a difference

/ Sync Reverser vs. Power Reverser- Is there a difference #1  

blaplante

Tractor
John Deere 4300/430Loader, JD216
First I'd like to say hello as a new member and thank Roy for a quick reply to a PM I sent him before I even had my account activated in regards to a used 790 (ended up getting sold). This site and its members are great resource and continue to help guide in my search for a tractor.

Are the sync reverser and power reverser (ePower Reverser?) the same transmission, or is there something different between them. I have tried a search here and found info on power reverser but cant seem to find a comparision. I know in looking at used tractors, the control for F/R look different on the 4300 and the 4310.

Thanks for any replies.

Brian

/ Sync Reverser vs. Power Reverser- Is there a difference #2  
Two different transmissions. Sync reverser is a conventional gear transmission with synchros between forward and reverse, allowing moderately easy reversing. Power reverser is still a gear transmission, but it has a separate power-actuated clutch that will automatically shuttle between forward and reverse just by pushing a control lever, and without pushing the clutch pedal. It's a lot less work and will last longer if you do a lot of reversing. However, both options work fine.

/ Sync Reverser vs. Power Reverser- Is there a difference
Z-Michigan,

Thank you for the reply and info.