any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines?

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
Ive driven a 3520 open tractor with loader and a 4320 cab model, after hopping in the cab, theres no way id want to get the open seat model :p

Only catch, was the main reason for a bigger machine purchase would be adding the backhoe option. Cab models cant use one so without that, the only use is the loader and rear attachments.

Besides looking at a JD track skid steer loader, does anyone else use these or have you seen a company using one? Id love a cab for many reasons.. including

security, can leave outside at a job, locked, no kids and so forth jumping on it
weather, heat in winter for snow removal is a huge plus, ac in summer but i proably wouldnt use it much
controls/seat, the layoug inside is much more "tractor" like the big ones than the standard non cab models..

Is there ANY brand like woods that make a rear backhoe for it that would work? even if i had to get out of the cab and sit in the back somehow? A lot of what i do is very dusty, so the cab would keep me not so darn dirty on days like that :)

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #2  
I see a lot of landscapers using CUTs in this area (south central PA). Most of these have been midsized Deeres with a few Kubotas tossed in the mix.
None, thus far, have had cabs.

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #3  
there's a rumor going around that the JD factory
cabs will soon be compatable with the JD backhoes.
I can not confirm this yet, but with the Fall school in
Florida coming up, I'm sure if something is in the works
we will know shortly for sure.

:D

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #4  
I've been told of this rumor last month at a JD Open House Sale that was at my local dealer's place.

However, you can get a Woods Groundbreaker X backhoe to fit the cab models right now. You can get a a Woods BH90-X to fit on the 4000TwentySeries Cabs, and you can get A Woods BH80-X to fit on the 3000Twenty series. I am seriously looking into this.

Everyone knows Woods has an awesome backhoe, especially the new X series, a guy who lives down the road from me just bought a left over model of the Kubota Cab series machine cheap with the 9' Foot X Backhoe. It is an awesome backhoe. He bought his with the optional hydraulic thumb.

I may wait to see what John Deere Comes out with. But I would grab a Woods in a heartbeat.

Check out WoodsOnline.Com then look up under the Manuels, and you will see how they've made this fit on the Twenty Series Cabs.

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #5  
My landscaper friends around here don't use cabs as they are on and off too much. Your going to get wet, so you might as well just be outside. Around here we use the A/C in our trucks more in the winter than summer for defrost of the fogging windows.

Welcome to the PNW. Never too cold, never too hot and definitely never to dry.

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #6  
We were shown the Cab compatible JD Backhoes at JD new product intro last month. Availability is November - December 07. So you can have your cab and backhoe too. These will fit back on all the 3020 and 4020 cab tractors from what we were told. Hope this helps.
PS You do have to get out of the cab to operate the backhoe.

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #7  
I saw a landscaper yesterday with JD cab and seeder. Most I see are without cabs. Cabs are more difficult to get on/off, cost more and have clearance issues that a foldable ROPS can overcome. However, cabs=comfort.

/ any landscapers use cab 3000/4000 series machines? #8  
Hi:

My dealer said he can get a hold of aftermarket brackets that allow a JD backhoe to be mounted on the cab tractor. Someone had a post here about them.

JD also doesn't list the power beyond as compatible with cabs but I have Power Beyond on my 3720cab (From the dealer).