Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To Load or Not to Load (FEL question)

Hello All, newbie here with 1st post. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2007 JD 5103 with a Rhino TW72 mower and a Brown 6' disc. The salesman asked me if I wanted the 512 FEL that goes with that tractor. I've waffled back and forth about it and still can't decide. Looking for feedback from those of you with a FEL and how much you use it. Cost of the FEL installed is $4500. JC Credit currently has 0% for 60 months on the 2007 03 series tractors (since the model lineup is about to change) and I can get the FEL financed on the deal. I have 160 acres of hunting property just south of Macon, GA that is 10 ac food plots, 2 to 3 miles of roads and firebreaks, 50 acres of 11 y.o pines, 50 acres of 2 y.o pines, and 50 acres of hardwoods. I could see usig the loader to push stuff around and out of the way like tree limbs and tree tops, etc, but don't know if it is a good purchase. Any help out there??

Tractor
    NH TC45

Default Re: To Load or Not to Load (FEL question)

NO question ... get a FEL at any cost. I use it at least as much as any implement on the back - probably more. Hopefully you'll get a quick attach on that FEL ... makes it even more valuable.
    Mike

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC55DA EHSS 4Wd

I second that. Plus that loader has the Deere "quick-change" feature.... you can swap from bucket to pallet forks, to whatever in about two seconds. You will not regret the purchase.

~Paul
    New Holland TC55DA EHSS FWD with 270TL loader and various other goodies........

Tractor
    JD 3320

Go for the loader--you will be amazed at the things that you find it useful for. I would think tha tyou could load everything you need for new foodplots in the loader--go off and get to work with the supplies travelling with you etc etc
    3320 300CX w/teeth, 448BH, MX-5 ,5' BB, 6' rear blade, JD 757ZTR, MS261, MS211

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

A FEL will about double the usefulness of your tractor... given the size of your place, etc. I think you will find that you engage the FEL over 50% of the time that you take your tractor out for a spin. Get a toothbar at the start as well, since it about doubles the usefulness of the FEL itself.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2305

If it isn't clear enough to you yet - GET THE FEL!!!!! If you don't, you'll be wishing you did in 6 months, and then it will cost more. You'll have to transport the machine back to the dealer for install...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota/L3400

Absolutely, 100%, get the FEL. I've just never understood why anyone would buy a tractor without one. If for nothing else, one day you'll use the FEL to unload items from your truck, like that heavy mower deck or some 300' roll of fencing.
    Kubota L3400, FEL, Backhoe, mower deck, trash fork, box blade, 5x10 dump trailer, Post Hole Digger.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by mstewart44
    Hello All, newbie here with 1st post. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2007 JD 5103 with a Rhino TW72 mower and a Brown 6' disc. The salesman asked me if I wanted the 512 FEL that goes with that tractor. I've waffled back and forth about it and still can't decide. Looking for feedback from those of you with a FEL and how much you use it. Cost of the FEL installed is $4500. JC Credit currently has 0% for 60 months on the 2007 03 series tractors (since the model lineup is about to change) and I can get the FEL financed on the deal. I have 160 acres of hunting property just south of Macon, GA that is 10 ac food plots, 2 to 3 miles of roads and firebreaks, 50 acres of 11 y.o pines, 50 acres of 2 y.o pines, and 50 acres of hardwoods. I could see usig the loader to push stuff around and out of the way like tree limbs and tree tops, etc, but don't know if it is a good purchase. Any help out there??
    I didn't Know they made FELs with out tractors, or what good is a FEL without a tractor?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Only thing more usless than a tractor without A FEL is a FEL without a tractor.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I have to agree with the consensus.. with that much land to care for.. get a loader... By the way.. loaders haul out dead animal carcasses pretty good (wink)

Soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by mstewart44

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast