To Load or Not to Load (FEL question)

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #1  

mstewart44

Hello All, newbie here with 1st post. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2007 JD 5103 with a Rhino TW72 mower and a Brown 6' disc. The salesman asked me if I wanted the 512 FEL that goes with that tractor. I've waffled back and forth about it and still can't decide. Looking for feedback from those of you with a FEL and how much you use it. Cost of the FEL installed is $4500. JC Credit currently has 0% for 60 months on the 2007 03 series tractors (since the model lineup is about to change) and I can get the FEL financed on the deal. I have 160 acres of hunting property just south of Macon, GA that is 10 ac food plots, 2 to 3 miles of roads and firebreaks, 50 acres of 11 y.o pines, 50 acres of 2 y.o pines, and 50 acres of hardwoods. I could see usig the loader to push stuff around and out of the way like tree limbs and tree tops, etc, but don't know if it is a good purchase. Any help out there??

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #2  
NO question ... get a FEL at any cost. I use it at least as much as any implement on the back - probably more. Hopefully you'll get a quick attach on that FEL ... makes it even more valuable.

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #3  
I second that. Plus that loader has the Deere "quick-change" feature.... you can swap from bucket to pallet forks, to whatever in about two seconds. You will not regret the purchase.

~Paul

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #4  
Go for the loader--you will be amazed at the things that you find it useful for. I would think tha tyou could load everything you need for new foodplots in the loader--go off and get to work with the supplies travelling with you etc etc

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #5  
A FEL will about double the usefulness of your tractor... given the size of your place, etc. I think you will find that you engage the FEL over 50% of the time that you take your tractor out for a spin. Get a toothbar at the start as well, since it about doubles the usefulness of the FEL itself.

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #6  
If it isn't clear enough to you yet - GET THE FEL!!!!! If you don't, you'll be wishing you did in 6 months, and then it will cost more. You'll have to transport the machine back to the dealer for install...

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #7  
Absolutely, 100%, get the FEL. I've just never understood why anyone would buy a tractor without one. If for nothing else, one day you'll use the FEL to unload items from your truck, like that heavy mower deck or some 300' roll of fencing.

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #8  
mstewart44 said:
Hello All, newbie here with 1st post. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2007 JD 5103 with a Rhino TW72 mower and a Brown 6' disc. The salesman asked me if I wanted the 512 FEL that goes with that tractor. I've waffled back and forth about it and still can't decide. Looking for feedback from those of you with a FEL and how much you use it. Cost of the FEL installed is $4500. JC Credit currently has 0% for 60 months on the 2007 03 series tractors (since the model lineup is about to change) and I can get the FEL financed on the deal. I have 160 acres of hunting property just south of Macon, GA that is 10 ac food plots, 2 to 3 miles of roads and firebreaks, 50 acres of 11 y.o pines, 50 acres of 2 y.o pines, and 50 acres of hardwoods. I could see usig the loader to push stuff around and out of the way like tree limbs and tree tops, etc, but don't know if it is a good purchase. Any help out there??
I didn't Know they made FELs with out tractors, or what good is a FEL without a tractor?

/ To Load or Not to Load (FEL question) #10  
I have to agree with the consensus.. with that much land to care for.. get a loader... By the way.. loaders haul out dead animal carcasses pretty good (wink)

Soundguy

mstewart44 said: