John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount?

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #1  

amigauser

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I was wondering what type of mount the John Deere Frontier 4in1 buckets use. They show as "Quick Attach" on the JD web site but I was wondering if that is a JD proprietary q/a or a bobcat type q/a. I understand the pricing is very reasonable for them.

John Deere Ag - Frontier Equipment Features for 4 in 1 Bucket

The two models are:
AL1460H
AL1472E

Thanks,
Norm

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #2  
Here is some pictures of mine. Mine cost right at $2000 including everything that needed to be done, but I think I got credit somewhere for the other bucket as it was a new machine.

Attachments

• 1st Day of JD 022.jpg
    1st Day of JD 022.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 1st Day of JD 023.jpg
    1st Day of JD 023.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 1st Day of JD 024.jpg
    1st Day of JD 024.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 505
   / John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #3  
I hope the pictures answer the question because I couldn't write the answer (except I don't know). Too new to tractors to "know" anything, but I'm fast becoming an expert at destroying 30' alders and ripping black berries out.

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #4  
How do you control your open/close on the 4n1? Do you use the lever or do you have an aftermarket joystick with buttons?

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount?
garth466 said:
I hope the pictures answer the question because I couldn't write the answer (except I don't know). Too new to tractors to "know" anything, but I'm fast becoming an expert at destroying 30' alders and ripping black berries out.

Thanks, yes the pictures tell the story :). It does appear to be a proprietary pin on mount and not a standard skid steer type. I will probably go with a WR Long 4in1 as I can get one for around $1500.

Norm

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #6  
I have a lever just forward of the 3PH control. I works pretty easy, but that joystick would be the way to go. I just saw one of those here last night. Of course it may be too easy to accidentally use on a joystick.

/ John Deere 4in1 - what type of mount? #7  
garth466 said:

That is the JD proprietary Quick Attach system, not the universal SkidSteer QA setup.