/ 5210 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I was getting very close to purchasing a 4710 w/loader for $22,000. The unit has only 10 hrs on it. I then came across a 2001 5210 4x4 w/541 loader and power reverser trans . The unit has less than 100 hrs. The cost is $22,500. It seems like a lot more tractor for about the same price. Is there any difference with the 4710 vs 5210 power reverser trans has far as operation goes(not up to speed on this trans)
thanks Ken

/ 5210 #2  
Don't really know much about the PowerReverser trannies since I'm looking more at eHydro on 4710s. But, from what I've read in the manufacturer's product literature they seem to be just about the same...both work by shifting a lever on the steering column without need for clutching. Now, if you're comparing eHydro and PowerReverser, this is where the big difference is. Apart from the basics that I'm sure you're aware of (eg, pedal functions of eHydro), big advantage operationally of eHydro is its versatality when doing demanding FEL work. If you're thinking of constant, repetitive forward, backward movement using your FEL, then you're likely better off with eHydro and the 4710.

/ 5210 #3  
<font color=green>I've read in the manufacturer's product literature they seem to be just about the same...both work by shifting a lever on the steering column without need for clutching</font color=green>
The hydro on the JD 4000 series does not have a shifting leaver on the steering column,its all in the foot pedals on the right side of the tractor.

/ 5210 #4  
You're right Hillbilly. I was referring to PowerReverser on the steering column, not eHydro. eHydro has pedals on the floor......sorry for the confusion, it was late last night when I was posting this. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 5210 #5  
Not,
A problem.............thats what we are all here for./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif