I'm ready

/ I'm ready #1  

Roadkill95

Silver Member
Tractor
none now
OK after months of reading and posting and kicking tires, I'm ready to buy.
I was looking @ Kubota up until a few months ago trying to decide between a BX or B series. The new B series are a long way out so I'm not waiting for them.
I have driven, not really used a 2305 and 2320 Like the BX and B series in size.
I have been torn for months if a BX or a 2305 is right for me, and then it has finally hit me when driving these 4 tractors I find myself saying this B series or this 2320 may be too big, I don't find myself saying this BX or 2305 seems too small. When I think about it I would be happy with my wheelhorse if it were 4wd,had a 3pth and a loader.
I only have about 3 acres maybe 3/4acre to mow alot of small areas. I was at a local fair this past weekend and a NH sales guy asked me what I was going to do with it and I said I don't really know just scratch around in the yard. LOL LOL
There was a JD-Kubota dealer there also but he couldn't be bothered to ask me if he could help me, this is after I was there in his booth for over 1 hour, too busy talking to people that wasen't even looking at tractors. The last time I knew it was pretty expensive to have a booth I would have thought he would want to sell some tractors to pay for it. I guess he has enough money so I won't bother with him.:D I guess I should send him a note with a pic of me and my new tractor when I get it;)
What do you guys think BX2350 or jd 2305?
Is mutton pricing on the JD about right?
Is there any reason not to buy a JD2305?
I think the 2305 is a little more refined and I can put a factory hoe on it later if I want unlike the BX

/ I'm ready #2  
if you drive both of them. you will buy the John deere.
done been there ,done that i got the picture...:D

thats all i had to do was run them both for a while.
and then i knew what i needed to do. and i did it...;)
in my case it was the 2520 or the b3030. the 2520
was just much nicer ride and feel. and i could tell no power difference
even climbing hills

both are nice. just go with what is most comfortable to you.
both will do about the same work.

Chris....:)

/ I'm ready #3  
I, too, am on the verge of buying either a 2305 or a BX2350 and would welcome some informed input. Don't see much difference between them spec-wise. I am leaning toward the JD only because the dealership is good and I have bought from them (4610) before.

/ I'm ready
The only downside I see with the JD is pricing only offering a 9% discount on the package
200cx fel
I-match
weight box
54 inch deck
independent deck lift
14900.00 plus tax
I think thats a little stiff.:( for 1800.00 more I can buy a BX24 and have a BH too.

/ I'm ready #5  
I am in the same boat as well. I have driven the BX24 but have not yet had the chance to drive the 2305. I am also looking at the Massey GC2310. There seems to be very loyal camps in both JD and Kubota, and many have posted to pick what you like as they are pretty much the same. How come the GC2310 is not considered much?

I did get to look at the 2305 and the only thing I could see that I didn't like was the placement of the hoses for the FEL. The way they hang out of the side makes them candidates for being snagged on things.

One big + for me here in Canada is the fact that I can save a good amount of money and still keep the warranty on the JD by buying from the US.

Let me know what you picked and why when you do. I am still a few months out as I am waiting on the construction of my new home to pull the trigger.

Cheers,

/ I'm ready #6  
roadkill, what JD dealer are talking to? I've had great luck with Farmington Valley Equipment, though I don't know what part of the state you are in. I'll bet the fair you're talking about is the BigE. You can't go wrong with either tractor. Personally, I like several features of the Deere better (the dual pedals, the 3PH, the joystick location), but those are personal and non-operational things. I would recommend the 62C deck for better overlap and the 36" uncut circle it leaves and skip the independant lift, unless you have some reason to keep something on the 3PH in the up position while needing the mower deck down -- otherwise you can just lock the mower deck up and use the 3PH. If you go with the independant lift, keep in mind it uses two ports from the loader, so you can't use both at the same time.

marco and all, the dealer is often more important than the color tractor!

mactractor, I'd test drive both. To me, the Deere is a bit more refined, but you can't go wrong with the Kubota. I can't say I've had much experience with the MF, but my wife's cousin has one and there were some things about it that seemed rinky-dink to me (attachment engineering and ease of connecting/disconnecting).

/ I'm ready #7  
I too drove both and I bought the jd 2305 I too liked the dual pedals and joystick loc. The JD was less here than the kubota.

I paid 13000
200cx fel
62 inch deck
Plus tax.

/ I'm ready #8  
Let me explain something to you guys. that i found after the fact i will share with you. about john deere . that i found. to be a major difference than kubota. I know my tractor is bigger than what yall are looking at. but the design is the same. about a month ago i took the backhoe and dug a hole to bury some old concrete block and junk , it was 7 feet deep 10 feet wide and about 15 feet long. and was kinda on a hillside. i was running down hill and had to put the front tires at the edge to dump where i wanted it. now on a hill even if your foot is off the hydro on a hill any tractor will still creep . the JD brakes are on the left and the hydo pedals are on the right. so i could inch up to the hole on this hill and felt comfortable. with a kubota with brake and hydro on the right this would be difficult and uneasy. one mistake and you go nose first into a huge hole. and this is only one situation. i have had several where the JD was just much more plesent to drive and feel comfortable in weird situations. i dont think i would feel at ease doing some of the same things on a Kubota. and that is just my opinion. take
it how you want. ;)

Chris....:)

/ I'm ready #9  
I hadn't thought of that, before, Chris. Interesting observation...

For me, orange and green were the same price. I went green for the loader valve location and the wife. But I do have to agree with JDFanatic - get the bigger cutting deck. I have a 54" on mine and wish I had a 62" to get further under the back deck and over the ditches.

Don't get caught up on specs - all colors will do the same thing in the real world. The difference comes down to personal comfort and dealer credibility. Enjoy your new machine, whatever it ends up being!

/ I'm ready
JDFanatic
It was farmington Valley that I called seem a little pricey there. I remembered thats where you sent me a few months ago.
It was Durham fair I was ignored by mid state tractor. I have a dealer closer in colchester but I think he may be pricey too.
Perhaps I will have to go way out to get a deal maybe NH or down south.
I included the lift because steve said I should so maybe I could drop that to save a few bucks.
I need this to be in the 13000 area, to make this work. I know I can get a BX2350 for that money maybe a little less.
Before I hung up I asked him if thats his best price and he said yes.