I'm Biting the Bullet

/ I'm Biting the Bullet #1  

Silver_Knight

Silver Member
I知 Biting the Bullet

Going to order a 3720 with the deluxe cab on 10-11-07 and am going to order the following options:

TNT
3rd SVC for future grapple
Power Beyond
Radio
Rear Lights and Wiper
Deluxe Hood Guard
300CX with Skid Steer Quick Attach
Imatch
Cruise
Mid PTO
R4痴

My questions are:

Am I forgetting anything that I will regret?
Bucket??? JD does not offer a Skid Steer QA bucket for the 300CX. Where should I look for that?

Looking for:
Skid Steer Tree Sheers
Skid Steer Rock Bucket

Thanks!

Lee

/ I'm Biting the Bullet #2  
If you order the grapple bucket with the tractor it should come with the kit to bring hydraulics to the bucket installed.

I see that there is a loader attachment for skid steer equipment available. Now, whether I would want to put a tree shear on that is another story. Maybe someone has done that. Last night I was researching tree shears and came across Wolff Mfg. Hyd Tree Shears for 3-point, Front End Loader, and Skidsteer that had a tractor based loader version. If the 3720 could handle it, another option I would want is the GR cage mentioned elsewhere, I think the broken glass thread. I think they had a 3 point hitch shear version too.

For me, I would like to get a tree shear, stump grinder, another grapple bucket, a rock rake, brush cutter or a single implement solution Fecon Bullhog but for a tracked compact loader like the Deere 322 or 332 CTL with high flow and demolition protection. That's how I would do it for the trees I have to deal with. The Fecon's advantage is no clean up. Your situation may be different.

Watch some of the videos of tree shears in action and look at how they're equipped. When you see the size of the trees, it makes you think.

/ I'm Biting the Bullet #3  
You will might also want to get the Audible Horn option. It doesn't cost anything really, but you will wish you had it. You will find that you will use it a lot more than you think right now, to get someone's attention etc. Other than the rear window, you only have doors on this tractor that open up. $30.00 get it, you will be glad you did.

Also do you think you will ever need more hydraulic outlets in the back of the machine? You may want to think about an electric Hydraulic Divertor, with the two extra sets of Hydraulics to the back of the machine.

I have the 3720 and I love it. Make sure you have them Load your tires. I'm sure they will.

Also make sure you get the Heavy Duty bucket, not the standard bucket. The difference between the two is night and day.

/ I'm Biting the Bullet #4  
Definitely get the telescoping draft link rear arms. It'll make hooking up 3pt implements only a slight pain in the arse. Without them, it's a total pain in the arse.

Some implements don't fit the Imatch. If you ONLY buy implements that work with Imatch, you won't have a problem.

/ I'm Biting the Bullet #6  
I didn't see it on your list but if you are getting the TNT you definitely want the rear diverter valves.

I have a 3720 with pretty much the same. Power beyond, diverters with rear outlets, 3rd SCV and I got the 72" grapple.

The rear diverters are pricey but sure are nice.

/ I'm Biting the Bullet
orlo said:
I didn't see it on your list but if you are getting the TNT you definitely want the rear diverter valves.

I have a 3720 with pretty much the same. Power beyond, diverters with rear outlets, 3rd SCV and I got the 72" grapple.

The rear diverters are pricey but sure are nice.
I am getting the electric diverter and the TnT. I could not get the power beyond since it is not offered on cab models. What kind of grapple do you have? I have almost decided on the 48" Millonzi Grapple.