Price Check JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #1  

Engine66

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2305 & 4720/400cx/BH448
I'm in the process of ordering a new JD and am told by dealer that I'm getting a 7-8% discount from MSRP...but once freight and set-up is calculated in...I'm back to just under MSRP per the JD build site. I read about other posters getting 10-20% off MSRP...is that inclusive of freight and set-up? The JD I built on the website with accessories, etc. is a 4320 w/400cx, 448BH, ehydro, air seat, and a number of other options comes to approx 40, 350 and the quote is just under 40K. All the equipment will need to be ordered, so it's not distressed inventory. Anyway, anyone else have similar experience? I'm told that JD tightened up the dealer margains and there is not as much room to play. I want a good relationship with a good, respected local dealer and would prefer not to be known as a haggler where everyone rolls their eyes when I show up for parts, service, etc.

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #2  
I just got a quote and he quoted me about 9% but then added 120setup for the tractor,120 setup for the loader and 120 setup for the mower deck.
I DONT THINK SO, maybe lose the setup and get to about 13% we may have a deal.
I haven't approached any other dealers yet, I may just make a bid sheet and send it out. Most of these guys are like dealing with a used car lot.JMHO of course.:mad:

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #3  
I believe the rule of thumb is 8-11% off list with the freight included, or in other words 8-11% off list and 8-11% off freight too. Set up fees??? I could see a fee for installing extra hydraulics or something time consuming not on the average sale, but a fee to bolt on the tires, etc???

A package with a list price of $40,500 should be well under $40K. Are you sure he didn't quote with sales tax added in? Sales tax could easily be another $2000+ What is his out-the-door price the final bottom number on the invoice. That should also include disposal fees, UCC fees, etc

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs
Does not include taxes...have not heard about disposal or UCC fees.

Overall discounts are abot $3300, less approx. $2,000 in freight, set-up, and loaded tires. Saving about $1,300 off the build price on the JD site. Dealer has been nice and they have their overhead...understood...just wonder how others get such great quotes with steep discounts. Those who got steals on their deals make me jealous.

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #5  
I got my cab 3720 with FEL, skid steer attachment, rear work lights, radio, electric diverter, 3rd SVC, tool box, engine heater, side mirrors, extra front hydraulic lines for the loader and cruise control. All were 15% off list and all are dealer added options. I could have added any other option, all at 15% off. No set up fees or freight. No other hidden fees or charges. Purchased 1 year ago. I think your dealer is on hallucinogenic substances.

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #6  
Engine66,

I'm assuming this is a VT/NH dealer -- correct? If so, discounts are much tougher to come by, than say, the midwest or other areas with more competition.

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #7  
My 2305 was about 14% off list when all was said and done - that was setup and delivered to my door. This was in MN so as JDFANATIC stated above, you may have a different experience in your neck of the woods.

Good luck!

Scott

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs
Yep, NH/VT is a tough crowd. Also, with NH there's no sales tax in that state for residents so I think it benefits the dealers as well as the customers. Dealers can count on the fact that sales tax won't be considered and inch up the price a bit (I'm assuming here).

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #9  
Yep and the dealers here in CT are no prize either:mad:

/ JD MSRP Price, Freight, Set-up costs #10  
I bought my 2520/200Cx/46BH about a year ago. I know I got a excellent deal, but I think a whole year can make a big difference and prices vary greatly by region. I got 16% off list (based on website build prices) with no setup or freight fees. Everything did have to be ordered though.

Now maybe my shopping process made some difference.
I had bought my old 755 privately used and so had purchased only parts and a push mower from my local JD dealer previously. I spent about 3 months new tractor shopping. I tried out and was also seriously considering the Kubota B2630 and MF1528. I mentioned this to the JD salesman and got the impression that they really didn't want to loose my business. I got trade-in quotes on the 755, but ended up selling it myself. I tried them all out a 2nd time and finally told all three dealers I was ready to buy and asked for rock bottom quotes. JD came in 2k less than either Kubota or MF. It was a no-brainer.

I've used the same process car shopping and also got excellent deals. I think once most dealers sense that you are brand flexible, know the product, and have options they become more creative.