Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320
I didn't get the extended arms but it did have the cruise on it. I didn't use the cruise much on my other lawn tractors-but I'll give it a try. I do have a lot of long runs where I mow. My yard is 600 feet deep and a grasss lane that I mow is about 1500 feet long. I did want the extended arms but I kept my I-match so maybe I won't miss them. As far as cost, well it ain't cheap to trade. My payment only went up $69 a month over 84 months so it wasn't too bad as far as payment goes. I basically paid list price for the 3320 when all was said and done. It looks like I lost about $3500 on the trade :(

From what I see of the tractor so far and with the added capabilites, I think the loss of $$$ will be worth it over the life of the tractor. One of the projects that I've needed to do for a while is to make a drive way. I would have had to contract it out if I kept the 2520, but I feel I can do it with the 3320. Maybe I am wrong? seat time will tell

Last edited:
   / Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #12  
Chris2520 said:
Was wondering. what kinda money are we talking about with going
from 2520 to the 3320 on trade....;)

Chris.....:)
Hey Chris, The 'bug' is contagious!

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #13  
gunmaker said:
Hey Chris, The 'bug' is contagious!

Uhmmmm.. I was just thinking out loud.......:D

Lets see new nic Chris3320..... well that dont sound so bad...:p

besides gunmaker. i am waiting for you to check on the trade price
since you and i have almost the same complete set up. it would haft to be very interesting. i really do like my 2520.....;)

course you know it will cost me alot. cause you know i will get a 448.
Everyone needs a Hoe....:D

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #14  
sbt said:
I did want the extended arms but I kept my I-match so maybe I won't miss them.

That's true, you don't need both.

I find the cruise is a pleasant toy to play with as much as anything else. I like to activate it for the length of a pass. When I get to the end of a row, I time it so that I just stomp on the reverse pedal. The tractor comes to a nice rolling stop and then gently begins to reverse. Fly by wire is so cool!

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #15  
Congrats on the upgrade. I hope you have fun and enjoyment with that unit.

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #16  
sbt said:
I didn't get the extended arms but it did have the cruise on it. I didn't use the cruise much on my other lawn tractors-but I'll give it a try. I do have a lot of long runs where I mow. My yard is 600 feet deep and a grasss lane that I mow is about 1500 feet long. I did want the extended arms but I kept my I-match so maybe I won't miss them. As far as cost, well it ain't cheap to trade. My payment only went up $69 a month over 84 months so it wasn't too bad as far as payment goes. I basically paid list price for the 3320 when all was said and done. It looks like I lost about $3500 on the trade :(

From what I see of the tractor so far and with the added capabilites, I think the loss of $$$ will be worth it over the life of the tractor. One of the projects that I've needed to do for a while is to make a drive way. I would have had to contract it out if I kept the 2520, but I feel I can do it with the 3320. Maybe I am wrong? seat time will tell

what type of driveway are you going to install? Gravel, asphalt, cement, etc?

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320
Gravel, no way I can afford asphalt. Driveway is 400' long and was planning 10' wide also a 3 car parking space about 30' by 30' in front of the garage. From what I've read on here, planning to go about 6" deep and lay some rock and then drive on it to pack it down and after some time, put smaller rock to fill in the gaps to really compact it all together. My soil is a sandy clay with great drainage.

I got out and played some today, a big improvement from the 3320. I moved several big oak trees with the FEL that I had trouble only pulling with the 2520. Several trees were knocked down that the 2520 wouldn't even budge. Nice machine. small leak on the fel piston that needs to be fixed but no other issues.

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #18  
Chris2520 said:
Uhmmmm.. I was just thinking out loud.......:D

Lets see new nic Chris3320..... well that dont sound so bad...:p

besides gunmaker. i am waiting for you to check on the trade price
since you and i have almost the same complete set up. it would haft to be very interesting. i really do like my 2520.....;)

course you know it will cost me alot. cause you know i will get a 448.
Everyone needs a Hoe....:D

Chris, when you trade your 2520, do me a favor and trade it in Dacula, so I can trade up from my 2305 and not have far to drive.:D

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #19  
JiminGa said:
Chris, when you trade your 2520, do me a favor and trade it in Dacula, so I can trade up from my 2305 and not have far to drive.:D

I will keep that in mind....;)

Chris...:)

/ Tradin' in a 2520 on a 3320 #20  
I got a 2520 soon after they came out,(March 06) and was pretty happy with it. I really wanted the 3120 at the time though. I had a few problems with the 62d was my only gripe with the whole purchase. I had a few mowing jobs on the side plus the 3 acres I mow at home and got tired of removing implement to install mower or vice versa. So I sold my gator and went back to a dedicated mower (x495). That is when I started lusting over the 3320. I had read on here about skipping the 3120 and not really needing the turbo I made a deal on the 3320. I like the greater lift capacity, but the 3pt hitch is so much better on this tractor. Alot more room when hooking up and the sway adjustment is so much better. Also on the plus side is tilt steering, better seat and instrament cluster. More hydraulic options, brush guard, and you can get on and off without going to neutral. Of course all these items cost more, but not that much. I was also happy that my pallet forks and grapple fit the new tractor too. JC