Price Check List Price vs Sell Price

/ List Price vs Sell Price #1  

drivadesl

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN-70A, Kubota U-35 Mini-Ex,SCAG Wild Cat, Cub Cadet 109
I've been looking at a 5303, MFWD, and loader. At first pass the dealer is showing a discount on the loader of roughly 10% off list, and about 3% off the tractor, with the MFWD, plus a few options. I know these aren't automobiles, but I was expecting a better discount than that. The whole package, OTD was $30K. What kind of discount is reasonable on a package as this? This is my first new tractor, so not sure what to expect. Thanks.

/ List Price vs Sell Price #2  
drivadesl said:
I've been looking at a 5303, MFWD, and loader. At first pass the dealer is showing a discount on the loader of roughly 10% off list, and about 3% off the tractor, with the MFWD, plus a few options. I know these aren't automobiles, but I was expecting a better discount than that. The whole package, OTD was $30K. What kind of discount is reasonable on a package as this? This is my first new tractor, so not sure what to expect. Thanks.

I bought my 3320 two years ago and then the situation in central NH was: initial quotes all were in the range of 86% to 87% of MSRP. Once I was ready to put my money down on a package of tractor, FEL, options, implements, I was able to get another $500 +/- off. Don't expect them to make the final cut unless you are serious about signing the order.

Dealer flexibility will always depend on the current market in your area and his inventory situation. You should be able to get a better deal than 3% off the tractor.

/ List Price vs Sell Price
Thanks Woody. So theres hope for some $$ savings for me. Being in NYS, I figure I'm paying for the NE premium. Thats the extra $$ you get charged for living in the area. I'll contact the dealer this week and see how flexible he's willing to be on this. I'm not in any rush, I've got my little ford to keep me busy for now, and may even look at some other models. I would hope as the winter sets in a bit, the dealers may slow down, and be more willing to deal. Thanks again.

/ List Price vs Sell Price #4  
So what would be a fair price for a 2006 model 2305 CUT with CX-200 FEL and 27 hours of use?

The dealer wants $11,600, which is about 14% off new list. What would be a reasonable starting offer?

/ List Price vs Sell Price #5  
Kamik said:
So what would be a fair price for a 2006 model 2305 CUT with CX-200 FEL and 27 hours of use?

The dealer wants $11,600, which is about 14% off new list. What would be a reasonable starting offer?

Kamik, I just bought my 2305 this summer with 33 hours on it for $8000, I should have got the 200cx for another $2300, but I was trying to keep the cfo happy and told them to take it off. btw, I got the 62" mmm for $1500. Tractor came with independant mmm lift and cruise.
so to answer your question, I believe $10,300 would be a great starting point

/ List Price vs Sell Price #6  
Your offer is in line with mine. I would be willing to pay $10,600, so $10,000 is where I'll start!

Then I'll ask about goodies like a 47" snowblower, calcium choride weighted tires and a block heater. Has anyone seen an enclosure for the 2305, either hard or soft?

/ List Price vs Sell Price #7  
you might want to check on beet juice instead of calcium chloride, it's not corosive. I believe there is a soft side cab for it, check JD's website. Don't know about the block heater or snowblower, no need for those this far south.

/ List Price vs Sell Price #8  
Yes, a while ago I read a thread about using beet juice as the filler, but up here in northern new england I would worry about freezing. The JD web site - I think in the operator's manual for the tractor - specifies calcium chloride and says to ensure the tire is filled above the rim to prevent corrosion.

I'm very excited to think I may soon actually OWN a tractor, and enjoy all the activities it will enable! Thanks for your help.

Kamik

/ List Price vs Sell Price #9  
glad to help, I traded in an LT150 for my 2305, had so many projects it just made since to buy it...a bit of a stretch to spend that much on a lawnmower, but I got a 48" tiller with it so I could landscape about 3/4 of an acre so in the end I'll have the work done for the same money I would have spent to pay someone and still have the equipment when I'm done.

/ List Price vs Sell Price #10  
Yes, a while ago I read a thread about using beet juice as the filler, but up here in northern new england I would worry about freezing. The JD web site - I think in the operator's manual for the tractor - specifies calcium chloride and says to ensure the tire is filled above the rim to prevent corrosion.

I live in MI and have beet juice in my tires, . If its available in your area, you should use beet juice instead of calcium chloride. RimGuard (a brand of beet juice) is good to -35 degrees Fahrenheit.