looking at a 4610

/ looking at a 4610 #1  

BryanM

Gold Member
Tractor
John deere 2155, ford 1600
Have you guys heard any stories on the 4610. I know its discontinued, but is their any problems with them. Can someone tell me Pto Hp its the 4wd powerreverser. What would something like this be worth with 1200hrs in fair condition no loader or implements? Could I run a small baler with this unit? Thanks for any help.:)

/ looking at a 4610 #2  
Hello. I have a 4610 and I think they are great tractors. The best part is they have a yanmar engine. and they are painted green. I believe they have 39 pto hp. and yes they will run a small bailer but I think you will find this tractor a little light to run one on a large scale operation.

good luck PeterT

/ looking at a 4610 #3  
I have a 4610 with e-hydro and 430 hrs. on it. It is rugged and dependable. I have the original sales brochure which lists 37 PTO hp for the Powr-Reverser tranny. Don't know anything about the value of these tractors used.

My only other observation is that I wish it had more power. But I would probably say that no matter what.

/ looking at a 4610 #4  
I have the 4600 (pre-cursor to the 4610) and love the machine. It has the power needed to run my implements and a bailer shouldn't be an issue.

As for price, I'm not sure - but if it is deemed reasonable I'd go with it as long-term service and other items shouldn't be an issue if you have a good JD Dealer nearby. Good luck!

-Bob

(BTW: We all want something bigger and with more power... I've often talked about winning the lottery and getting a big JD Combine just to have it parked in my pole barn... :D )