Some John Deere Changes

/ Some John Deere Changes #1  

jcmseven

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320; 4520
I do not know if this has been posted yet (I did not see one) but JD is making some small changes to its new lineup. First, the 3520 and 3720 will be offered with Autoshift, which is that the hydro tractors can now be ordered with a column shifter and one pedal. The column shifter is responsible for the direction change. Also, the quick PTO I match is up and going. There will be a return of the air ride seat after a hiatus. There will be a lower-cost 4000 series machine, dubbed the 4105 to add to the current 4000 series lineup and there will be more quick attach attachments to add to the growing lineup of Frontier loader attachments. I believe this is John Deere's way of retaining customers who might have gone to a third party for loader attachments and its lineup here is becoming pretty extensive. For those of you who have/operate XUV Gators (this is an important one for me), JD is offering a heavier duty hydraulically lifted AND angled front plow. Personally, I would like one of those for my Gator. I might not be able to afford one, but I certainly am going to price one as it is a much-needed addition to the Gator attachment list. The ZTR's are also changing. The numbers are different and the power ratings change slightly for all but the 997. Also liquid cooling is becoming more extensive in the lineup and major changes have been made to simplify the motor-pump system for more durability. Most significantly there will be a power deck lift which has the control button on the right direction lever. What a nice thought. Just thought I would pass this information on to others.

John M

/ Some John Deere Changes #3  
Autoshift is really nice, it is the closest thing yet to an automatic transmission in a tractor.

/ Some John Deere Changes #5  
There is a lever to the left of the steering wheel that has a F/N/R, once you move it into either F/R you have one pedal...the further you depress the pedal the faster it goes. The motor and transmission work together to regulate flow to the hydrostatic motor. It is just like an automatic transmission in the sense of how it operates, people are going to love it.

/ Some John Deere Changes #6  
gamble77 said:
There is a lever to the left of the steering wheel that has a F/N/R, once you move it into either F/R you have one pedal...the further you depress the pedal the faster it goes. The motor and transmission work together to regulate flow to the hydrostatic motor. It is just like an automatic transmission in the sense of how it operates, people are going to love it.

This sounds similar to the system in the Kubota R Series articulating loaders.
How would this system work for snowblowing when you want to keep the RPM's constantly high while varying speed to match conditions?

/ Some John Deere Changes #7  
I haven't put my hands on them, I have only heard about them so don't ask details because I don't know! More information should be available toward the first of the year.

/ Some John Deere Changes #8  
I would guess that since this an option on the HST models that the pedal operates like the standard HST pedal and the throttle is still a separate control. The column shifter would act almost like the column reversers on JD AG tractors. With this setup, you would still be able to maintain constant RPM.

/ Some John Deere Changes #10  
I'm confused? Whats the point? If its just a hydrostatic with F/R on a shifter rather than on the pedal it almost seems like a step backwards. Now if they where doing an IVT transmission or somthing, that would be cool!