New 4105

/ New 4105 #11  
Looks nice, but confusing numbering. 4105? 40 hp? The 4100 and 4110 were 20 hp. The 2004ish 4010 is 18.5 hp, but older ones were montrous machines!

Ralph

/ New 4105 #12  
The 3203 has done OK for us - not a huge seller - but decent. My hunch is that the 4105 will do much better in comparison.

As far as the model numbers go - all of the Deere CUTs used to be labeled as 4000's... They have since gone to the new numbering system, 2000 (SCUT & Small Frame CUT) 3000 (Mid Frame CUT) and 4000 (Large Frame CUT). I totally agree that this is confusing when comparing with the old 4000 series...

/ New 4105 #13  
Tell Deere that its owners would REALLY appreciate it if they would make a straightforward numbering system for both frame size and engine hp, and then stick with it. I can basically make sense of current models, but only have to go back a few years before I'm hopelessly confused. The 4xxx series historically seems to include models from 20hp to over 100hp, orders of magnitude apart.

/ New 4105 #14  
Odd that they'd return to old-style lighting. Sometimes I wonder if they don't purposely build new models with future upgrades in mind from the start. It looks like the entire black plastic headlight surround is destined for a redesign.

/ New 4105 #15  
Just bought a 4105 a month ago, 300 CX w/heavy duty bucket, Frontier Box Blade, and MX 6 mower. I have to say that the 4105 is perfect for my needs. It doesn't have the mid pto, but other than that, its been great. I am building a log home on acreage in eastern North Dakota, and needed something that could cut brush (CRP grass), work the driveway (1/3 mile), and lift extremely heavy red pine. I was comparing the 4105 to the 3520. While the 3520 has a lot more creature comforts and convenience items (cruise, etc.), the 4105 I must say has already proven to be an AWESOME tractor. I think the price for the tractor was only around $17.5 or so, a couple thousand at least less than the 3520.

So far, I have backfilled monster piles of solid and wet clay, moved over 60 yards of sand into our pad area, lifted and moved logs, and a lot of other things. The tractor has handled everything well without difficulty, and has actually exceeded my expectations so far.