What to do 4120 or 110TLB

/ What to do 4120 or 110TLB #21  
My $0.02
I have a 4520 and use a 110 tlb fairly frequently. If I had to do it again it would stay that way. The 4520 will out pull the 110. I have the 400CX loader and have used it to move (lift) 2700 lb concrete culvert sections. The 448 hoe appears to be a weaker than the TLB hoe (search my posts ). But, mounting is easier and for me, quicker. The hydro capacity issue may be the deciding factor for your application. Since I use the tractor as a tractor the instrument panel in front is better than the side the TLB has. The hydro position feature is nice on the TLB for hoe operation. I don't think the seat is as comfortable on the tlb as it is on the 4520 (I put in frequent long duration seat time).

I guess if I was looking to own a tractor with the idea the hoe would stay on more or less permanently the TLB would be in the running, but for more / equal tractor - tlb ops I think the 4x20 fills the bill better.

TEW

/ What to do 4120 or 110TLB
I have not test driven a 4120 series , I have a 4310 with p/r trans and love the pwr reverser. I also like the smaller size if used in my yard,but the 48 hoe is slow , and the 110 TLB loader with the slant hood and canopy gives a much better view and seems very heavy duty for loader work.

I have several jobs this spring for communication site modifications in rocky mtn tops. My 48 hoe seems slow and the 430 loader is maxed out on unloading skids now and renting a machine is more than the purchase upgrade from the 4310.

I also think price wise the 4120 and 448 is the same as the 110 TLB . I think down the road the 110TLB will be to big for my needs, but will hold a better value than a 4120 series on trade at that point in time.

What I really need is a dozer,trackhoe and more time. Also we all need the money to pay for it!!!

I agree with you on the seat , plus I like green and yellow better than the construction yeller, but the 110 TLB seems more rugged for rock and dirt.

The creep reposition and more room at the hoe platform , plus one seat is so much better than my 48 setup. And the hoe bucket is the same as a 310 much heavier than the 448. I think few years out, retirement time , the 110 TLB will be traded for a cab series machine for home maintenance like my 4310 was purchased for. The 110TLB seems more of the construction machine I need to do the projects this year.

Thanks for your input, I like to hear from fellow tractor nuts this site is great.

Macdabs