JD 450C Dozer weight?

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
I came across a JD 450C dozer with backhoe attachment and trailer.

Any ideal what I'm looking at weight wise for a 450C dozer?

My CAT D3 has been a real workhorse but is too big to move with anything that I own. I've been keeping my eye out for a clean 350C and found this 450C with hoe.

Thanks Guys!

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #2  
A friend has parked his JD450 on a piece of property I own. He knows I have trailers and asked if I could transport it for him. I asked what it weighed and he said about 15000. That weight is above my trailer limit so I couldn't help him. I would imagine one with a BH would probably be about 17-18000

/ JD 450C Dozer weight?
Thanks George!

That is what I was afraid of... nothing I have can tow 20,000 lbs. The seller is retiring and his tow vehicle is a 700 series Ford Dump Truck. He was of the opinion a 1 tone with duels could handle it... I think not...

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #5  
I have a 450 c , no hoe on it, It weighs around 14,500 lbs. I have a triple axle gooseneck ( farm tags ) that I pull it with. I use a 05 gmc 2500 crew cab with no problems. Before all the flames -I have a class a cdl, proper registration on the weight, and dps has given me a green light on the unit. I don't use it except for personal use.

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #6  
I don't know about the backhoe part, but I know a guy who tows a 450G all over the place with a one ton dodge duelly. I also know that he says the best thing about the dozer is it's small enough that he can get it unstuck with a backhoe. I know the one time that I got it stuck, he just pulled me out real easy with a chain on the blade and the other end on the hoe bucket.

Eddie

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #7  
I had a JD450C at one time. Used an 86 Ford F350 flat bed and a six wheel goose neck trailer to pul the rig with. never had and problems. Wish I still had that rig. The F350 had a 460 in it for power. Not the best gas mileage!:rolleyes:

/ JD 450C Dozer weight?
Hey Eddie,

A guy out Orinda way with some property is selling off things. He told me he would let the 450C, brush rake, backhoe and trailer go for 10K. The equipment looks like it's been stored outside all it's life... well weathered. Did not get a chance to here it run or make a close inspection. Price could be a steal...

I've got an appointment to run it through the paces on Saturday if I want...

I originally was looking for a 350C dozer when I found my CAT D3. I wanted something I could tow with a 3/4 ton truck and tag trailer in a pinch.

Looks like I will pass on the 450C...

Tremendous amount of used heavy equipment coming on line right now in the Bay Area. I can think of 3 reasons... California eminent ban of non-compliant off road diesels 50 hp or more, the general construction slow down and this being winter.

/ JD 450C Dozer weight? #9  
ultrarunner said:
Hey Eddie,

A guy out Orinda way ...

Back in the early 90's, coming through the Caldacut Tunnel and just past Orinda, there used to be this massive blacktail buck that I'd see from time to time right along the freeway. He was a monster!!!

I know allot of people saw him too, but with all the Highway Patrol, homes and businessess right there, he was always there. I was always suprised to see him, since I was positive somebody was going to poach him, but from what I heard, he was there for several years.

Eddie

/ JD 450C Dozer weight?
EddieWalker said:
Back in the early 90's, coming through the Caldacut Tunnel and just past Orinda, there used to be this massive blacktail buck that I'd see from time to time right along the freeway. He was a monster!!!

I know allot of people saw him too, but with all the Highway Patrol, homes and businessess right there, he was always there. I was always suprised to see him, since I was positive somebody was going to poach him, but from what I heard, he was there for several years.

Eddie

This year I would see two fawns just grazing away, oblivious to the traffic. This was on the right hand side heading towards Orinda just past the bore.