Real world feed back on 3000 series

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #21  
I have had a 3320 for a year now with 100 trouble free hours. The 300 cx loader will pick up anything I can get in the bucket. I have the e-hydro which in my opinion, it the only way to go. You have an unlimited range of forward and reverse speeds, perfect for any loader work, mowing job or backing up to an implement. I know you mentioned a 3520, that is a few more hp than the 3320, but you pay nearly $1800 for about 4 hp. The 3520 has a turbo, the 3320 is naturally aspirated with a larger block. Both would be good but make sure you need the extra hp. They are a very nimble, comfortable tractor.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #22  
Kahuna said:
I have had a 3320 for a year now with 100 trouble free hours. The 300 cx loader will pick up anything I can get in the bucket. I have the e-hydro which in my opinion, it the only way to go. You have an unlimited range of forward and reverse speeds, perfect for any loader work, mowing job or backing up to an implement. I know you mentioned a 3520, that is a few more hp than the 3320, but you pay nearly $1800 for about 4 hp. The 3520 has a turbo, the 3320 is naturally aspirated with a larger block. Both would be good but make sure you need the extra hp. They are a very nimble, comfortable tractor.

Might need turbo if at a higher altitude.

D.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #23  
I've been running tractors for over 50 years and will tell you either gear or hydro can fail. My most recent experience with a transmission problem was this past summer with a gear type with only 600 hrs on the machine which had been serviced according to the owners manual. It was never abused or worked hard --- had a defective input shaft bearing.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #24  
I had a 3320 open that I put maybe 50 hours on and now have a 3720 cab. No problems with either. I do prefer the 'feel' of my mechanical hydro on the 2305 I have but the EHydro is sweet and load match does it's job, etc.

I have maybe 70 hours now on my 3720 cab and no problems either. I'd like a better feel for the shift lever. The throw on the 3pt in the Cab is short also but workable once you get used to it.

I think it's just about as big (maybe even longer) than a 990. Less HP and weight, but physically I think it's pretty close to the 990.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #25  
I have the 3520 with the PowrReverser and love it. I did not get the eHydro for 2 reasons. First was financial as I got a good deal on a custom order tractor that the buyer backed out of so the numbers worked out well for me (was originally looking at the 3320 with the eHydro which I really didn't want, so this was a good excuse to step up). The second was that after testing both the eHydro and the PR, I actually preferred the PR. While I agree if you are mowing a lot the eHydro definitely has appeal, I still much prefer a gear tranny as it is much simpler and in my personal opinion, a better long term option. Not trying to debate here, just letting you know why I chose the setup I had. I do a lot of loader work, landscaping around the property, etc., so the gear tranny is no problem at all. At the end of the day you have to select what is best for your application of course.

BTW, I agree with the earlier poster and get the 300CX loader not the 300X. Get the heavy duty bucket too. I did and am really pleased with it.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #26  
Jeffster:

I tried a larger tractor (5000 series maybe?) with a PR just to see how it worked since the dealer didn't have a 3000 or 4000 series with PR's. I liked it while trying it out at the dealer. I do like the E-Hydro for loading better than I think I would have liked the PR though. One gotcha is that if you get a cab you don't have a choice - you can't get the PR, you have to go with the E-Hydro.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #27  
I have a JD3530 with Power Reverser with 60 hours on the clock now.

You should also PM tuolumne since he has a 3520 with Power Reverser.

I love the power reverser. In low range, 1st gear, there is lots of power. It probably goes 1/2 mile per hour in this gear combination. I've never ran out of power. No problems pulling a 2-14 plow through blue clay. Makes me think a 3320 with Power Reverser might have been enough.

The hand throttle is nice.

The differential lock works well. Once its locked in place, it doesn't unlock until the tractor winds down.

My 60 boxblade doesn't slow the tractor down at all. I should have got a 66 or 72 boxblade with it.

I have done no mowing or brush hogging with the machine.

I have the 300CX with HD bucket and tooth bar. This is highly recommended.

I'd also suggest at least rear remote.

I find the tractor comfortable and fits my 5'15" frame well.

The controls are laid out well for me.

And it fits under my 8' garage doors.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #28  
I have a 3320 cab model that's about 2yrs. old now. The cab model comes with the e-hydro and I wanted it anyway. Now I wouldn't be without the ac or hydro. Haven't had any problems with mine, and their used on alot of heavy equipment. The 3 pt. lever is extremly hard to move. You can only get one extra set of hyd. hookups on the rear (used by the MMM to raise and lower if equiped)unless you get the divider valve option thats used for the loader. I think the power beyond option is still unavaliable for the cab model. The loader cyl.'s look like they would bend like a pretzel if the hyd. would handle it. Believe me they won't and the hyd. will handle it. Lesson learned before adding counterweight. I didn't need the extra pto hp so I couldn't see the need for the 3520. I'de say try them out from a dealer and see what you like. Might be a little small for you application.

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #29  
Dealers can put the Power beyond on the cabs.

On my 3720 cab I have a third SCV going to the rear where I either hook up a grapple (for a third line on the loader) or the mower. I have the diverters so I have two extra circuits going to the rear and have the power beyond for a log splitter I have. So I have 3 circuits and PBY going to the rear, all dealer installed. Now the back of my tractor looks like a hose factory but that's another deal. ;)

/ Real world feed back on 3000 series #30  
orlo said:
Dealers can put the Power beyond on the cabs.

On my 3720 cab I have a third SCV going to the rear where I either hook up a grapple (for a third line on the loader) or the mower. I have the diverters so I have two extra circuits going to the rear and have the power beyond for a log splitter I have. So I have 3 circuits and PBY going to the rear, all dealer installed. Now the back of my tractor looks like a hose factory but that's another deal. ;)

Got any pictures of the PB and the back of the tractor?