2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP?

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #1  

bxowner

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5055e
I believe the only differences between the 2320 and 2520 (aside from HP) are slightly larger tires, slightly longer wheelbase, metal instead of plastic floorboard, different mid-mount mower lift design & hydraulic pump...

But 'real-world' wise, what do you get for the extra 2.5 hp? Quieter at operating speed (540rpm)? More oomph? I'd love to hear from people that have used both more than just during a test drive. Just curious what I'm missing.

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #2  
bxowner said:
I believe the only differences between the 2320 and 2520 (aside from HP) are slightly larger tires, slightly longer wheelbase, metal instead of plastic floorboard, different mid-mount mower lift design & hydraulic pump...

But 'real-world' wise, what do you get for the extra 2.5 hp? Quieter at operating speed (540rpm)? More oomph? I'd love to hear from people that have used both more than just during a test drive. Just curious what I'm missing.
I would To lets hear it guys & gals

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #3  
Do a search. this has been discussed many times. usualy starts a big debate.
I have run both machines.

And you see what i did.
<-------- you just got to run them , and you decide.
2520 is just flat out more powerful machine and thats that.
Hydraulics work like a big tractor. it is worth the money.
atleast it was to me. if your going to make a jump. make a
real just. dont buy the same motor and single pump just to get bigger
tires. buy something where everything is bigger. with 2 pumps.
just my view.;) go drive them and you decide.
Some like to think thay lift the same front or back. when in fact.
its just not true. drive into a clay pile with 2320 and lift , and it wont pull
it out. Drive a 2520 in the same pile. and it will pull it out. I did it.
if the 2320 is enough for you. I would buy and save money..:)
if you want more tractor. power , weight , lift Buy a 2520.
just go run them and you decide...;)

Chris.....:)

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #4  
I agree with Chris2520. Take into consideration what you are going to do now with the tractor and what you might want to do in the future. Its cheaper to spend the extra money now than to trade a year from now on something bigger. Just my 2 cents.

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #5  
Hi Newt92, if price is the big consideration even if you're convinced you need the extra power, I'd suggest going to the 2520 with a good quality off-brand rear finish mower instead of the pricey JD 62D MMM. That's what I did when i upgraded from a 2305 to the 2520 and it saved me about a grand (and it provides a real nice cut and more versatile imho)

Chris is right about the motor too. It feels more powerful, and can usually push through whatever you put in front of it.

GN

/ 2320 vs. 2520... what do you get for 10% more HP? #6  
Something i would like to add. i was fortunate enough down here in the south
to find a dealer who had a field out back , where thay had been demoing Excavators. and big piles of moist red clay. and had both machines to let me try out for a bit. I saw extream differences right away. you could feel the 2520 was a good bit more machine. The reson i am explaining this. is because i did the same thing a lot of you guys do. just go to the dealer and drive them around the parking lot....:rolleyes: And i too could not see a great difference doing that. except the Hydraulics was a lot faster on the 2520. and it was bigger
but when you put them in the dirt. or start Dragging logs. and doing real work.
you will see the difference and start doing this---->:D on the 2520

Chris...:)