Has anyone checked out a 4105?

/ Has anyone checked out a 4105? #1  

thebigc

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4100
I took a good look at the specs on the 4105 the other day and it seems to have the same engine as my 3120, but with a higher compression ratio. Also, the hydraulics are comparable too. The 4105 seems to me to be a 3000 sized machine with 4000 sized wheels. If you loaded those tires up, it would make a nice TLB with that 300CX and a Woods Groundbreaker out back. I wish they'd made this machine 18 months ago when I was deciding between a 3205 and a 3120.

/ Has anyone checked out a 4105? #2  
I saw one at the Zanesville, OH, JD dealer but didn't have time to stop and get out do a once over (week before Christmas). I had to do a double take in the lot b/c I hadn't seen or read about the 4105 yet. You're right, it seems to be a 3000 series sized tractor w/ 4K tires.

Heck of a price (JD's site) for a 40HP CUT especially compared to the 3520/3720 models. I'm looking to buy in the next 6 mos or so and this has diffinitely peeked my interest as I have been watching the used market for a 4120 model....I've got long legs and the 4K series seems a bit more comfortable than the 3K series.

By-the-way, has anyone ever moved their seats back to due to long legs? I've used my Father-n-law's 5303 and I could use a bit more leg room on it too!

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing more on the 4105. Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Thanks to all who contribute on this site, I've learned so much!!!!

/ Has anyone checked out a 4105? #3  
I was looking to buy a 3700 series, but am now trying to get more info on the 4105. My main concern is that it doesn't come with turf tires.:confused:

/ Has anyone checked out a 4105?
I downloaded the owner's manual from Derre and noticed that there's no provision for running the PTO while off the machine. In other words, it would be tough to use a Woods PTO backhoe. And Deere doesn't list a compatible backhoe of their own. Oh well...

/ Has anyone checked out a 4105? #5  
Hiya,

I was at my dealers Thursday talking about snowblowers. I asked about the 4105. He said to think of it as a 3203 chassis with larger tires and when they release one, the ability to mount a backhoe. He also said it will not have the front mount attachment ability of the 20 series.

He said it's targeted at the same market segment that the 3203 is, value minded buyers.

Tom