JD 1010 bulldozer

/ JD 1010 bulldozer #1  

philbuilt

Gold Member
Tractor
1260 Massey/retired. Mahindra 2555 cab TLB
John Deere 1010 bulldozer is this a good dozer for $3500.
I has been used little and well maintained. What should I look for?
Thanks
Phil

/ JD 1010 bulldozer #2  
Hello Phil, For that kind of money if it runs, pushes, and steers get it. I wouldn't expect too much though because it does seem cheap. The problem with cheap is when you have to fix it up to your liking the costs goes HIGH. :( But if it runs till your jobs are done you did REAL good. :) My cheapest dozer I sell with 6 way blades and good u/c is $7500 but even then the units need tlc. If you want and need a real nice one then the price woudl be in the mid teens. Good luck

Darin

philbuilt said:
Thanks
Phil

/ JD 1010 bulldozer #3  
I never heard of it, so I did a quick google search and found this site.

The John Deere 1010 Industrial

They think this might be the worse tractor Deere ever made. Not sure if that's true or not, but I sure wouldn't want one for anything if I needed it to do some work. If you are buying it as a collector, then it's just a price thing.

Eddie

/ JD 1010 bulldozer #4  
philbuilt said:
Thanks
Phil
I purchased a 1010c about three years ago with a gearmatic winch. I used it to put in a rock wall, build up and fix my road, skid out trees, move stumps, multiple landscape projects and push back snowbanks, etc....I had to replace a front idler and few "wear" items such as a starter and generator but for the most part it has been very reliable for a forty year old piece of equipment...it will push and pull pretty much what I put in front or back of it. I paid $5500.00 for it three years ago and it owes me nothing!

Check to see how the tractor steers and how it goes into gear especially reverse. Take a close look at the front idlers and make sure that there is plenty of meat on the rails to keep the tracks in place. Be sure the track tensioner is operational and that there is no broken springs also look at the overall condition of the rollers /track.

I've had good luck with my 1010C, its a real work horse. If yours is in a well maintained condition as you stated, you should have no problem getting $3500.00 worth of work out of her.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 8,765
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3,611
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,970
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg