?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp??

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp?? #1  

Bodgit2

I need a new bush hog. I sold the JD light duty one. Not impressed with it. I'm considering the JD MX6 vs the King Kutter Heavy duty 6 ft rotary cutter. They weigh the same. Any thoughts? Used for clearing brush and mowing a pasture.
Steve

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp?? #2  
I have an MX5 for behind my 3720 and my 5103. I wanted it narrow for cutting around small trees and its perfect for the 3720..

I love it. Been great for me.

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp?? #3  
With my 4520 I use a MX6 with the quick-hitch and I am very happy with it. The double wall construction on the deck eliminates dents and mine looks new after 2 years of use.

RETIRED

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp?? #4  
I've used a Land Pride medium duty for several years. Works great! And I've heard them referred to as the 'Cadillac' of cutters. It's not green, though. Also, it has a large tailwheel which makes for wider turns than some. I guess the importance of that depends on the uses you have for it.

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp?? #5  
We have a MX-6 that has been used pretty hard for that past 7 years that still looks like new. We use it on a JD 4600, and it does get a little light in the front unless the FEL is on.

pk

/ ?Best rotary cutter for JD 4700 (41.5 PTO) hp??
Thanks Guys:
I bought a MX-6 used today for $1500. Looks nice. I'll report on performance when the grass grows here.
Steve