2320 62in MMM Question

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #1  

mcrame01

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
Hi all.

I have been reading these boards for some time now and finally created an account. I would like to begin by thanking everyone for the great information. My wife and I recently built a house on 17.5 acres. I will eventually have about a three acre yard, a 400 foot driveway, and about 5 acres of pasture that I may mow a few trails through. I am currently looking at the 2320 to handle such tasks. I was going to get the loader to help with landscaping and the 62in MMM. I will eventually get a blade for snow removal and a finish mower but not enough $$$$ right now. I would love to get the 2520, but once again, not enough $$$$:) I guess my main worry is that I won't have enough maneuverability (hope I spelled that OK) and won't be able to get as close as I like to the house, tight spaces, and small trees. Do most of you use your 2320/2520 for mowing your lawn or is it too big. I thought about buying a used mower (54 inch deck or so) and another used tractor to do the same thing, but I would love to have one, new multipurpose machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, does anyone know anything about the new Kubota b2320 that is supposed to come out. I was at the Kubota dealership yesterday and it sounded like a very comparable machine to the JD2320. Maybe that is for another forum....

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #2  
My 2520 won't go everywhere on my property due to tight spaces and hills. Therefore, I kept my old JD185 lawn tractor to trim in the inaccessible areas, after which I finish up with the string trimmer.

I too wanted to have one machine that would "do everything" but found out in short order that it wouldn't work for me. Having a mid-mount mower would help (I have a rear finish mower), but I still couldn't get everywhere with it.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question
Thanks. That is kind of what I'm worried about. I have a Scotts 48 in. mower (made by Deere, but cheaper) now. I wish I could just keep it and just get a tractor with a finish mower. Unfortunately I don't think it will handle 3 acres for very long, especially since I have some hills. I hate to pay that much for the MMM and find out that I don't like mowing the yard with it. I'm starting to think that maybe I should take the money from the MMM and the money I would get from selling my lawn mower and use it to buy a bigger rider.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #4  
Welcome to TBN:D

These machines are amazingly nimble, and since your building new, you can design the landscaping so you cam get the tractor anywhere you need it.

Not sure what you are referring to as a "finish mower", if you mean one that goes on the rear, then you will not need that if you get the MMM.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question
Unfortunately we may not complete the final landscaping for a while and will probably be done over a matter of years. I love to mow, but hate landscaping, and to cheap to have someone do it for me:) Maybe the FEL will change my mind by making it a lot easier. I eventually want a rear mower so that I can back into brush piles and such without having to drive my tractor through it. Also, it seems that my past experience with rear mowers is that they handle large grass and brush better than MMM, but maybe that is not the case with this one.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #6  
rear finish mowers are designed to exactly the same task as a mmm does. if you want to back into brush and things of that nature I suggest the mmm and a rotary cutter, which is far cheaper than a rear finish mower.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question
Sorry for terminology. I have always called them a brush hog if you will.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #8  
mcrame01 said:
Sorry for terminology. I have always called them a brush hog if you will.

OK, now I understand...Yes-you want a rotory cutter of bruch hog. In your other post's you said finish mower so I was confused:confused:

It still sounds to me like one machine will work for you...

/ 2320 62in MMM Question #9  
I am going to use my 2320 for all our mowing. I got the 62"MMM. I haven't used it yet, we bought just as snow was starting to fly. We have about 3 acres of lawn with normal obstacles-house, garage, barn, winding driveway, kids playset, but not many trees. I'm not anticipating any huge problems. I too also have about 4 acres of old pasture that I will brush hog about once a month and mow paths through more often. Good Luck in your decision.

/ 2320 62in MMM Question
Thanks Kenny, and sorry for the confusion. Completely my fault. I wish I could wait and ask you how yours works out JSR, but I think I'm going to have to make my decision before you get a chance to mow. I'm kind of leaning towards buying the 2320, MMM, and FEL. Then selling my rider if I'm comfortable with getting around things with my 2320.