5x03 question?

/ 5x03 question? #1  

Blee25

Tractor
2008 John Deere 5203 fwa loader, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1995ish Craftsman riding mower
I was wonder if anyone with 5x03 tractor could tell me how much clearance is need to with the vertical exhaust? It appears from pictures that the exhaust would stick up well above the ROPS when folded.

Thanks
Blee

/ 5x03 question? #2  
Blee25 said:
I was wonder if anyone with 5x03 tractor could tell me how much clearance is need to with the vertical exhaust? It appears from pictures that the exhaust would stick up well above the ROPS when folded.

Thanks
Blee

I have a 5103, and I have to fold down the ROPS and remove the exhaust stack when I bring it into my storage area (which uses a standard sized garage door). I put the stack back on when it is in the storage area, so far I haven't tried to drive it out with it on. I don't know the exact measurements, but you cannot drive it into a standard garage door area with the ROPS up and the stack on. But it really is no big deal to fold the ROPS and take of the stack.

NOTE: The stack is very easy to take off/put on, I thought this would be an issue, it is truly not. I don't screw it down while in use, perhaps I should, but with over 50 hours and running into many a branch, it hasn't been a problem (yet). And, I do use a glove when taking it off!

Of course, I would prefer not to do take it off/put it on when going into the shed, but it certainly beats putting in a new door. I still have to bend a tad to drive it in/out, but just go slow! I got the advice from my dealer, which basically saved the deal for me when I bought the tractor. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Edit: you can also get a stack add on that is kind of like a car exhaust that runs out behind the tractor, but that just doesn't seem right (plus I was too cheap to get it).
Taylor

/ 5x03 question?
Thanks Taylor! Your situation would be the same as mine. Eventually I would build a nice barn but it is not in the budget right now.

/ 5x03 question? #5  
Love that canopy. Need one bad before next summer, but I can't get it in and out of the shed, me thinks!

Taylor