What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #1  

Airic

Silver Member
Tractor
GC2310
New one to this great site and I知 starting to learn a bit as I am completely new to the tractor segment. I have a 6 acres, gradual hilly with lots of trees. I currently own a Hustler 60 ZTR mower that I absolutely love and I really don稚 want part with as it makes the mowing quick and easy especially with all the trees.

I知 getting tired of breaking shovels and my back doing all the dirt work so, I知 now looking to buy a front loader/backhoe for a wide range projects. To me a backhoe is critical for some of the things I want to do. My wife has approved a spending limit of around $15K so I知 off and running for my new toy. I started out shopping for used but, keep getting pulled into new based upon no real deals and lack of availability of a used front loader/backhoe combos.

So here is the questions. My price range allows for a 2305 but, most on this site really suggest the 2320 for more loader type work so I知 second guessing the 2305. I致e been also now considering a Terramite TC5 as they look like well built machines and be picked up for cheap but, I don稚 like that it does not have a three point hitch and I am really partial to the John Deere. I could sell the Hustler and upgrade to the 2322 but I知 really not liking that option. I just don稚 know. What would you do?

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

I would go with the 2320, FEL, and Backhoe. Keep the ZTR for mowing

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #3  
The 2305 will lift a loader full of dirt, mulch, and just about any other common material. It won't pick up boulders, but is available with the same size buckets as the 2320. The backhoe, and loader on the 2320 is a little stronger, and you gain position control, steering brakes, ground clearance, etc. but those things might not be critical to your operation. I was looking at both today casually, and it seems the 2320 is a bit more stable platform because of loader width to tractor width /height ratio. I think you would be disappointed in mowing with a 2320 after using your ZTR. You certainly can buy a 2320 without a backhoe cheaper than you can buy a 2305 with one.

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #4  
"The 2305 will lift a loader full of dirt, mulch, and just about any other common material. It won't pick up boulders"

um, I've seen first hand a 2305 pick up a darned big rock/boulder what ever you want to call it, it was probably 600 or more pounds.

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #5  
I agree JiminGa. It will pick up rocks like in the first photo, but perhaps not rocks like in the second one. I guess what I meant is that there are rocks that will fit in the loader that it won't/shouldn't lift. The rocks in the first photo were dug out, and piled there with my BX. The larger rocks against the stone wall were dug out with my BX, but I had to push/roll them against the wall since I couldn't lift them. You can air up the front tires, slide the bucket under rocks like that, curl just a bit, chain them to the bucket, and pull them using the bucket for a sled.

Attachments

• Ocean Storm 2007 001.jpg
    Ocean Storm 2007 001.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 547
  • Battlefield.jpg
    Battlefield.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 511
   / What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #6  
Go with the 2320, long after the initial pain of paying for it, you'll still be grinning while using it.

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #7  
here ya go

Attachments

• bigrock.jpg
    bigrock.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 507
   / What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #8  
Make sure you consider how deep you want to dig wth the backhoe. When I bought my first compact TLB that was my first consideration. My second was what kind of loader work I was going to do. In my case gravel and moving barn stone. The third was hydro or gear. The fourth is price. That steered me to a used JD 770. Don't be to quick to buy, most dealers will allow you to operate one. Go try a bigger one even if you can not afford it. If you don't you might have second thoughts after you own it. PS. keep the grass cutter two are always better than one!

JD 770 / 70 FEL / 7 BH - 425 AWS / 54" MMM / 54" FMP

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C
If I go with the 2320 I will need to sell my ZTR to make up the difference in price.

Would you make this sacrifice or settle for a 2305 and keep the ZTR?

What are some of the biggest projects you have done with a 2305? Im trying to get an idea of what this machine is cable of. The rock picture above is a pretty good representation.

I got a quick quote of $15200 on a new 2305 FLB and he said he could lower that even more if I went with a Woods BH instead of the JD.

/ What would you do: JD 2305, 2320, or Terramite T5C #10  
If you like your Hustler, I don't think selling it is a win situation for you. You will pay 2K plus for an equivalant size mower for a 2320, and spend considerably more time mowing. Tractor size is a whole different question. Buy the size you need, and option it later if you have to....... you will anyway. :D :D