What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please

/ What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please #1  

Qhorse

Hi, I am a new member considering a purchase of the JD 2520, concerned about some feedback regarding the crappy seat, what do you guys not like about it, piched forward? no suspension? please let's hear your feedback before I follow thru with a purchase.

Can it be upgraded via JD or do you have to retro fit another in?

A few other notes, what size bucket do you guys recomend?

Any other add on's that I should consider before buying, upgrading altenator?

Many thanks and BTW, nice site...very helpful.

/ What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please #2  
There is at least one thread here about using the X700 SE seat on the 2305/2x20 tractors. It is a really easy install, but it won't work for everyone. I tried the X700 seat on my 2320, and I went back to the stock seat. If your dealer will allow you, you can remove the bracket from the stock seat and set an SE seat on the bracket/bumpers and at least get an idea of feel in a static position.

I've got the 2 front work light kit and a single rear work light kit, and with that load I do not need the 40A alternator.

/ What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please #3  
I have no complaints with the stock seat and I live on fairly rough property. Guess it's all in what you're comparing it to. Compared to the lawn tractor I was using, this thing rides like a Lincoln.

It was pointed out to me that, by going with the 61 inch bucket, you can dig the entire width of the tractor, without having the tires outside the bucket width. So far, I haven't seen any down side to the larger bucket.

I would recommend getting power beyond (you never know when the backhoe urge might hit...), at least the rear worklight (maybe the front as well) and a lock-up kit for the MMM deck, if you are getting one.

Maybe the engine coolant heater if you live where it gets cold.

If you decide to get the extra front work lights as well as the rear light, the 40 amp alternator would be a good choice.

If you don't want to load the rear tires, the wheel weights are the next best thing. You can put up to 3, 60 lb weights on each rear wheel and I can attest that they definitely help with traction and counterweight for the loader.

Oh, and I'd order the extra front weight attachment with the 5, 42 lb suitcase weights. Never know when you might need them.

Best of luck on your decision and keep us posted.

Runner

/ What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please #4  
Oh, and I'd order the extra front weight attachment with the 5, 42 lb suitcase weights. Never know when you might need them.
Actually, with the front weight bracket for the 2520, you can put 7 42# weights on.

Had to get my dealer to throw 2 free weights in on the deal so I would have a full rack!

Don't know why the OP posted this in 2 different sections.......

/ What's the deal with the 2520 seat? feedback please #5  
Cut one ring off the rubber snubbers , and go to work. its like driveing a different tractor. you dont need that expensive seat.....:rolleyes:

I did mine the first week i had it. and its great.

Chris.....:)