4310: How did I do?!

/ 4310: How did I do?! #1  

blurrybill

Gold Member
Tractor
JD4310 eHydro with bells and whistles
We drove 2700 miles over the last 10 days and on the way I located a dealer and deal in Southern Missouri. I have ordered tractor, mmm. 430 loader with 61" HD bucket, Atlas heavy duty 5' boxblade, JD 660 tiller. Based on this (for me) large package I think I got a good deal. Will just list details on the tractor for now. Comments welcome.

4310, 4WD, tall folding ROPS, eHydro, R4s, speed match and autocruise, iMatch, dual mid and single rear SCV, electric diverter for 4th and 5th: $17, 700

Man, am I excited! Did deal early Friday a.m. on the way home and tractor will be ordered Monday. BoB A, I emailed you privately. BTW, the Atlas boxblade appears to be built like a tank -- I had never seen one before. Dealer was selling them with no discount for $250!

Do you believe it, in hopefully a very short time I WILL HAVE A TRACTOR!!!! Maybe it's time to change my moniker to "poorer and blurrierbill"

Bill

/ 4310: How did I do?! #2  
Bill,
congratulations. sounds like you got a really great package of equipment coming.
The Atlas box blade sounds interesting and if it is as rugged as you mentioned, then it is a steal for the $$$. If you are able, post some pictures of it when it arrives.
Enjoy and play safe. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 4310: How did I do?!
Think I forgot to add the 60" midmount mower was also part of the deal. Haven't calculated the whole deal exactly, but I was close to 20% off everything.

Bill

/ 4310: How did I do?! #4  
Bill,

I received your e-mail. I've looked it over and will respond shortly with my thoughts to your home e-mail account. Briefly though, I think you did great. Specifics will follow.

Bob

/ 4310: How did I do?! #5  
Congratulations on taking the plunge! It must be a GREAT feeling /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Based on the latest visit to my local dealer, I'd say you got a terrific deal! My dealer didn't have a 4310 sitting around, but he had a 4210 with FEL, 4wd, eHydro, folding ROPS, and R4's on sale for $16,899!

You said that you'd been travelling. How far from your home is the dealer? Will that be any problem for you if you need servicing?

Thanks, Golfgar.

The dealer is about 350 miles away, so service will be local. I'm comfortable with that arrangement, although some on TBN have suggested that the quality of service will be different if one doesn't purchase from a local dealer. If that is the case, I wouldn't want to do business with them in any case. It boils down to ethics and approach to business. There will be more business locally, if the service is good. There are a few choices here, although the various central Iowa dealers are owned by one firm. Post-warrantee there are some individuals who provide service that are known to be quite competitive.

Bill

/ 4310: How did I do?! #7  
Yeah Bill, you're right. If the local dealers know what's good for them, they'll actually give you better service, because they should be asking themselves what they did wrong to lose your sale, and what can they now do to keep you happy enough to bring you back to them.

I've got to hand it to you, though. I don't think I'd have the nerve to make a purchase that large while I was travelling that far away from home.

Golfgar,

I'm trained to evaluate people and generally trust my instincts in that regard. The dealership was small and the salesperson didn't even have a cubicle around the desk. But, he looked me in the eye, didn't offer BS of any kind, and was flexible. We'll see if I'm right to trust this deal... Keep your fingers crossed. So far, so good. Time will tell and I'll keep everyone informed. If it works, I'll send more business his way as others have done before.

Bill

/ 4310: How did I do?! #9  
Nice tractor but be careful with the hood. I open my up and there was no hood release called JD they told me they don't use the release rod just push it down.. So now I am buying a new hood. The plastic they use cheap won't stand up to sun and weather.

Good luck with the 4310