Using Discount Coupons

/ Using Discount Coupons #1  

msengstock

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD X728
Just had this experience trying to use the Home Maintenance Kit discount coupon that came with my last statement, and was wondering if this it normal. First, there are only 2 Deelers reasonably close to me - one is about 10 minutes away (and the place looks like a tractor junk yard - but does have a show room with 4 or 5 x series tractors in it) and one dealer about 45 minutes away (where I bought my tractor).

So to make a long story short, I buy my supplies from the closer one - tried to use the 10% off coupon and was told I had to give them the serial number of my tractor to use it and they wouldn't honor the discount without it...is this normal? I wouldn't be surprised if they were just hassling me as they wouldn't even order a box scraper for me (because deere only lets them order them in quantities of 2).

/ Using Discount Coupons #2  
I used mine at a dealer other than I purchased my tractor from. They took it no questions asked.

/ Using Discount Coupons
Thanks, I figured this dealer was just being a jerk.

/ Using Discount Coupons #4  
hence the reason his place looks like a junk yard...nobody else wants to do business with him either, apparently.

/ Using Discount Coupons
Yeah, I guess they sell alot of larger equipment like the 110TLB (they have a few new ones on the lot), and supply the local golf course,etc and can't really be bothered with home owners who enjoy maintaining their own property.